Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started removing my cowl to paint it this AM and "accidentally pried off the edge of the windshield. I hear glass crunching and see a crack run up the driver side glass about 12 inches. Gonna see if they can seal it so it doesn't make its way across the windshield but has anyone had to have their windshield replaced? How much was it? My better half is gonna sh!t. :crying: Stop laughing...

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
how did you manage to crack your windshield taking off a flimsy plastic piece? pics?

i guess its to late now, but the push pins are in slotted holes, you just slide them out.

tell insurance something hit you. you should be able to get it done with just paying a small deductible.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you were in Florida it would be free, last October while I was in convoy with a couple of the other Titan guys headed to a meet my CB antenna whipped back and smashed my windshield, I called insurance and it was replaced the very next day for $0. :)

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah well I missed the part about the clips. i pried them out and wasn't paying attention when prying them. Crack has grown to about 24 inches in the last 30 minutes though. I have a $1000 ded. through insurance so I doubt it would be more than that.

Just got an online quote for $235.00. Could be worse I guess.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Hey Ryan first week of having my Titan I had to have my windshield replaced by safelight. I think it was 250 or something around there. Probably less.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got another online quote for $232 so I went ahead and scheduled it. When the wife finds out she will probably make me use some of my wheel money. :boxing:

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Call your insurance company and see if they will cover it. Many States require an insurance carrier to replace windshields at no cost to the policy holder IF you have comprehensive coverage. If your in one of those luck states get it done. You don't have say anything other you have a cracked windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts