Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I have decided I am going to Bedline my stock wheels, my stock side steps, and probably chrome grill too, but from looking at the truck I think I also want to Bedline the cowl under the wipers, the seals for the window and probably the pillars too, the cowl and seals are a little sun faded and think it woul look good. Anyone ever done this and have a way to take that stuff off easliy or would it be better to just tape it all up really good and spray while on the truck? Also how hard is it to take off the tailgate housing to bedline it too?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
For the cowl, there is a thread on how to remove it. Use the search feature for that. I took my step bars off but did the mirrors and handles while on the truck. Just masked everything off. BTW, the cowl was not hard to get off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok guys so I have decided I am going to Bedline my stock wheels, my stock side steps, and probably chrome grill too, but from looking at the truck I think I also want to Bedline the cowl under the wipers, the seals for the window and probably the pillars too, the cowl and seals are a little sun faded and think it woul look good. Anyone ever done this and have a way to take that stuff off easliy or would it be better to just tape it all up really good and spray while on the truck? Also how hard is it to take off the tailgate housing to bedline it too?
subscribed

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
To do the wheels, you need to remove em from the truck. Scrub the rubber with a power bleach like A-JAX so that painters tape will stick to em. I took a plastic "drop cloth" and placed my tire/wheel on it and wrapped it so that just the wheel was exposed.
If you have the BT mirrors, you have opt to remove em. I recommend removing them and sanding them and properly prep em. (there is a thread on here for removal). I broke a 2 tabs removin em...they still snap into place, but i used 3M auto grade double sided tape just for the extra security of em not flyin off the truck while haulin arse down the interstate. When I first bedlined em, I left em on the truck and taped em off. I found tho that i was constantly touching them up around the seam--where chrome meets the black bezel.
Now that I have em color matched, I removed all the chrome for a nice clean finish of base coat.
Side steps..took them off and prep'd them as well.

The key to bedlining, like painting...is your prep work. GL

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys it helps alot think I am going to go buy about 10 cans and go to town on the truck definetly want to do the wheels, side rails, cowl, and anything possibly fading white lol, and maybe get adventurous and journey into the interior would like to do my steering wheel controls, and all vent housings , also I seen a post about it before but can't find it now anyone know how to remove the handles I want to either replace or paint that ugly black gasket around them that has faded to white on my T also. Just need it to warm up one day soon and give my self a good weekend project , park the T rip it apart and paint all day, dry all night and re-assemble the next day. Can't wait to tackle some of this and once completed will do a full write up and pictures.

Also what you guys think about only spraying my upper grill and leaving the chrome bumpers, emblems, handles, and mirrors? Think it would look good on the Galaxy Black or should I black it all out?

rleague81 were you at in BAMA

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
As far as interior, I did the handle inserts and sil plates. Have to redo the door sils due to a couple chips and some runs.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Just did my fuel cover over the weekend; inside and out.

Also did the cover plate on the truck cap.

Next is the inside of my bumper as the outside is chrome but the inside is not.

Cowl, grill guard, fender flares, and steps will be later in the Spring.

·
Registered
223 Posts
BleedCrimson - any pics of your project(s)?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
no man not yet I went to get started and had some issues come up with the child so i had to put it on hold, then I finally went and bought what I needed and was going to start and some idiot ran a red light and I t-boned him so needless to say the T is in the body shop and we will see if she can make it out with out being determined totalled.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts