Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got it all done this afternoon!

This was a pretty straight forward installation. Installation sheet states this bar is for 04-10, however I can validate that it does fit 2012.

I ended up re using the OEM brackets and bushings. I just cleaned them up and re greased the bushings. I will be getting a set of Stilltimes bushings/brackets sometime in the near future.

Notice in the pics below how thin the rod portion is on the OEM endlinks! (single point of failure if you ask me)

Also the Belltech FSB is more of a gray than a silver like advertised...

Down and dirty:

1) Remove front skid plate, if equipped.

2) Remove nuts from upper endlinks on both sides.

3) Loosen top two bolts on sway bar bushing brackets (do not remove)

4) Remove bottom two bolts on sway bar bushing brackets.

5) At this point the sway bar can be lowered and removed from endlinks (sway bar brackets are open ended on the topside, so they will slide out).

6) Remove lower nuts on endlinks from both sides, and remove OEM endlinks.

7) Install PRG endlinks on both sides, and install lower locknuts. Tighten down so that there is a little play (Do not completely tighten at this point).

8) Install Belltech FSB onto upper PRG endlinks on both sides, and install nuts. Again, tighten down and leave a little play, but do not completely tighten.

9) Grease bushings with super grease or something comparable. I used NAPA 765-1391 all purpose Lith-Ease white lithium grease. Then install bushings onto sway bar and rotate bushings so grease makes full contact with the entire circumference of the contact area of the sway bar.

10) Install Brackets and rotate sway bar up into position and slide the upper open ended brackets into the upper bolts that were left in place. Install lower bracket bolts and tighten all four bolts down but do not tighten all the way down.

11) Now that all bolts are in place, check that the steering wheel is straight. Then tighten down all four bracket bolts on the Belltech sway bar first. Then tighten down lower and upper PRG endlink bolts on both sides.

12) Recheck all bolts for tightness and inspect the completion of the installation for any discrepancies or defects.

13) Install skid plate.

That's it your done! crack open a cold beer and toast to yourself for another successful mod!

It is always both rewarding, and fulfilling for me when I complete a mod. I am very pleased with this one especially. The weight difference between the OEM and Belltech sway bar is unbelievable! The Belltech is Heavy! just under 33 LBS.

My review:
The real test was driving in town where I did not take it easy. I went full on with my hard turns and hard braking as well. It is amazing what a solid FSB will do for the Titan. There is noticably less nose dive on hard braking too. It still nose dives but not like before, so I think the PRG endlinks in combination with the solid bar helped in this area.

It is such a night and day difference, the turns fill a lot more stable and straight. The front end use to roll on me even with the Hellwig rear sway bar, but not now, the Belltech and PRG endlinks have cleaned up the front end body roll quite a bit IMO.

To me it seems as if the addition of a solid FSB and beefier endlinks has eliminated the over steer that i felt before the install. One thing that I noticed right away too was that if I jerk the steering wheel one way or the other, it immediately returns to center or straight. This I feel is a added benefit.

I took a few pics of the removal/installation and comparison of the components, so here they are:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks good, where did you get the sway bar?

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
looks good man. thats a pretty sweet deal. Hows it feel through the turns now?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Before you know it your going to have that bad boy handling so well you'll forget your in a truck.:eyebrow:

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
I can imagine. My T kind of floats because I'm to lazy to change my worn out struts/shocks. lol I'm pretty sure there the originals and I just passed 100k.:teethmast

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can imagine. My T kind of floats because I'm to lazy to change my worn out struts/shocks. lol I'm pretty sure there the originals and I just passed 100k.:teethmast
ya they are shot if they are the originals...time for some Bilstein 5100s ;)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Great write-up! When I had my 305/50/20s on I could take the corners pretty aggressively!! The Titans are pretty capable.

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE
MDE250 + MSE300 In.The.Works

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chris! I am impressed at the cornering and overall feel of the front end now. Much needed improvement over stock setup. Its weird how when I put on the Nismo Bilsteins I could notice the improvement in ride quality. And with these additional improvements it has gotten substantially better...The only way I can see to further improve it up front would be to get some 5100s, however those will have to wait till further down the road when its time for strut replacement.

Overall I am very happy with the current setup. I have some 1.5 inch T6061 Solid Billet Aluminum spacers on the way, to level me out. I think that will be it for the front end suspension...minus your FSB Brackets and Bushings.

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Subscribing!!!

Congrats on the awesome new mods!!!

Very nice write up as well!!! :read:

I also will be upgrading my FSB very soon!

I also purchased the Stilltime Billet FSB Mounts & Bushings!

I still plan on replacing my OEM endlinks w/ the PRG ones also.

I'm going to see how these upgrades affect the performance of the OEM FSB first.

Then if i find that it's still not up to par with my FSB setup i will swap it for a Belltech like kdo2milger has done! ;)

Reactions: kdo2milger

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Subscribing!!!

Congrats on the awesome new mods!!!

Very nice write up as well!!! :read:

I also will be upgrading my FSB very soon!

I also purchased the Stilltime Billet FSB Mounts & Bushings!

I still plan on replacing my OEM endlinks w/ the PRG ones also.

I'm going to see how these upgrades affect the performance of the OEM FSB first.

Then if i find that it's still not up to par with my FSB setup i will swap it for a Belltech like kdo2milger has done! ;)
Thanks G! you will be glad you swapped the FSB. The PRG endlinks and Stilltimes Bushings/Brackets will make a noticeable improvement though.

now I just need to save up for the Stilltimes Bushings/Brackets :redblob"

·
Registered
8,463 Posts
Thanks man! I totally agree!

The Hellwig RSB made SO much of a difference i'm excited to finally be able to upgrade the front as well!

I also need to replace my OEM front struts w/ HD's!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man! I totally agree!

The Hellwig RSB made SO much of a difference i'm excited to finally be able to upgrade the front as well!

I also need to replace my OEM front struts w/ HD's!
I wonder why Hellwig never made a FSB for the Titan...I would have gone with a Hellwig had they made one. never the less at 154 bucks this Belltech is well worth it.

I did some more driving today (had 2 burritos at Filibertos) and did notice that it is definitely more planted to the road not just in turns but general driving conditions. it has a way more sporty suspension feeling up front now!

I will most likely be getting the PRG UCAs as well sometime in the next few months. With the upcoming addition of my leveling spacers I hope not to get CBC with the OEM UCAs, but I'm not holding my breath...

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I wonder why Hellwig never made a FSB for the Titan...I would have gone with a Hellwig had they made one. never the less at 154 bucks this Belltech is well worth it.

I did some more driving today (had 2 burritos at Filibertos) and did notice that it is definitely more planted to the road not just in turns but general driving conditions. it has a way more sporty suspension feeling up front now!

I will most likely be getting the PRG UCAs as well sometime in the next few months. With the upcoming addition of my leveling spacers I hope not to get CBC with the OEM UCAs, but I'm not holding my breath...
Why not go with 5100's instead of UCA's and spacers? I just took off my spacers because I was sick of CBC, installed 5100's and ground the coil bucket. 129% better haha I love these shocks compared to OEM!

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE

·
Registered
763 Posts
Great write-up! When I had my 305/50/20s on I could take the corners pretty aggressively!! The Titans are pretty capable.

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE
Me to, then I went to 305/55/20, which are 10 ply, so they don't stick as well.

Sent from my iPad using AG Free

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why not go with 5100's instead of UCA's and spacers? I just took off my spacers because I was sick of CBC, installed 5100's and ground the coil bucket. 129% better haha I love these shocks compared to OEM!

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE
i would but I have brand new nismo bilsteins on now. plus i already ordered the leveling spacers so I will at-least install them and see what happens.

I would like to have the PRG UCAs at some point all so just because they will allow for longer shocks and they are made of thin chrome molly steel so no chance of CBC... Plus they look good :eyebrow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
PRG UCAs as well sometime in the next few months. With the upcoming addition of my leveling spacers I hope not to get CBC with the OEM UCAs, but I'm not holding my breath...
Great write up. Following closely.........subscribed.

What does CBC stand for??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Great write up. Following closely.........subscribed.

What does CBC stand for??? :confused:
CBC is coil bucket contact. This is when, during suspension droop, your upper control arm hits the coil bucket.

Chris C.
2010 Titan SE

1 - 20 of 62 Posts