Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Re: Berk Tech SS Pipe's Install & Cold Start Video

I went down to my exhaust shop today & spoke with the owner about getting my pipes installed. Made an appointment for tomorrow morning. Can't wait to hear what these thing's are going to sound like w/ the Nismo LT's & custom Bank's setup i'm running! :)

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Dude, you seriously shouldn't waste any money having a shop put them on. It's very, VERY easy to do it yourself. Just put the truck up on ramps and let the bolts soak in PB Blaster for a couple days before you tackle it. Soak them in the morning before you head out to work and when you get home for those 2 days. They'll come right off and putting them on is just as easy.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
So Gweasel, are you running stock b pipes still? Those 2.25" berks will pick you up at least .1 IMO, are you going to run it at the track soon with them? I hope so:)

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
let the bolts soak in PB Blaster for a couple days before you tackle it.When Kuntao installed my header's, we used PB Blaster on the sensor's, then used vice grip's to remove them from the OEM manifold's. They came out just fine, hoping for the same on these.

Yea, i would definitely do it myself if my exhaust was still in stock configuration, but i've had it modified. When i did my Y-Pipe swap i hadn't thought ahead & bought flanges. So, i just had him delete the flanges on the exit's on the OEM B-Pipes & weld in my 2.25" piping leading to the Y-Pipe, directly to the inlet's of the catback. Also, i'm having the 90* bend on the driver's side replaced w/ a mandrel bent 90.

Here's what it look's like now:

I pre-fit the 90 bend i bought by holding it up underneath the existing "crush bent" 90 & it will be almost an exact fit, should work nicely. The passenger side bend is good, i'm going to leave it as is.

·
Banned
2,234 Posts
Ahh........gotcha!! Didn't know you were working with pre-existing madness under there.....lol. Good luck and for sure spill the beans on how it feels afterwards.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Git'er done... with plenty of pics.:)

L

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So Gweasel, are you running stock b pipes still? Those 2.25" berks will pick you up at least .1 IMO, are you going to run it at the track soon with them? I hope so
Yep, still running the stock B-Pipes. That's what i'm hoping for! I'll be sure to hit the track in the next couple of week's. I'm saving $ for OT right now. :)

Ahh........gotcha!! Didn't know you were working with pre-existing madness under there.....lol. Good luck and for sure spill the beans on how it feels afterwards.
LOL Yea, i have a Frankenstein exhaust.

Git'er done... with plenty of pics.
I'm going down there in the morning. I'll try to get some pic's.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I need to order a mandrel bend for mine as well. Seems like you posted a while back it was cheap

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was cheap, but the shipping was like $15.

Here's where i ordered mine from, they sent it with the quickness too:
Mandrel Bending Solutions Home Page

*Update:
I just got back from the exhaust shop, i have to go back down there in a few. Someone else had pulled up right before me, so 1st come 1st served. I should have these babies on by noon. :)

Reactions: N2MyWake

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
dang, dream exhaust setup right there, nismo lt's with banks cat back, those b pipes are gonna make it sound even meaner. Your truck has got to be so loud isnt it?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dang, dream exhaust setup right there, nismo lt's with banks cat back, those b pipes are gonna make it sound even meaner. Your truck has got to be so loud isnt it?
Yea, it's been a long time in the making, but it's finally finished! It's pretty mellow @ idle, but once you get on it, it is mean!

I just got home from the install! OMG My truck sound's AMAZING!!! I tried to take some video on the way home, but it's just too awesome for my camera's mic to handle. I will try to take one with my girlfriend's camera later. It has a mean sounding deep tone & when it shift's it sound's like a thunder clap! No Joke!!! I'm so happy with the way it came out! Oh...& it only cost me $50. :)

Here's the pic's from the shop:

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Looks good! Got some fat pipes under there.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Looks Good! Run it now:)

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
That looks hot!!! Can't wait to hear it. I just did my DT/Berk swap this weekend, and it sound like a beast. Got to figure how to get the vids up. I'm still giggling like a little girl..

L

·
Registered
924 Posts
Gweasel, when you can, get some sound up, and let me know your a/f numbers, interested in seeing them.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It already sounded mean going down the road, I can only imagine it now.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank's guy's! I'm so happy with my truck! Sound's much better! It feel's like it's got more low end now! I took my girl for a ride last night & she even said it sound's better too. It is a more refined, snappy sound, as opposed to the no cat's, muddy sound. When you goose the gas pedal it snap's to attention. I need to find a camera with a decent mic, then i will post some sound clip's. I'll try again w/ my camera, but when the db's get too high the audio start's cutting out. Probably can do an idle vid. with no prob. LOL I really want a TransGo Shift Kit now! :)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice, thats the sound that I love, look at your afr correction numbers are they fluctuating or staying pretty steady.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I haven't done any data log's yet... It feel's solid though! I really think my T likes this configuration. I'll see if i can get a data log or 2 in the next couple of day's. The cop's around here have been on a rampage of speeding ticket's & speed trap's. NO CODES ALSO!!!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts