Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
I left for dinner and when I came back it was gone :confused:

I did get a PM back from Bryan saying that all was good to go on my order.

I had paid right away using a CC but he had me on the list as not being paid. I just let him know my order # and that I was #17 on the list.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I was bummed, hadn't checked in for a while and now the thread is gone, and the price went up, and I was number 30 something on the list... what should i do now? pay retail?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was bummed, hadn't checked in for a while and now the thread is gone, and the price went up, and I was number 30 something on the list... what should i do now? pay retail?
I think your SOL.... before the thread got killed it was only the top 25 plus a few lucky buyers that squeaked in orders when Berk opened up there on-line store for the group buy.

I personally would wait a few days to let the dust settle :eyebrow:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I didn't have a chance to respond to my original GB thread as I've been very busy with work. But, the few comments I read from a couple of members bashing Berk was disappointing and disrespectful not only to Bryan, but to me and all the hard work I did in ATTEMPTING to assemble a successful GB.

This project was for the ENTIRE Titan community not for a handful of individuals. It was started to send a message that the Titan community wasn't going to be bullied by a company and simply settle for overpriced sub par quality parts. We would look for alternatives and with a ton of determination and perseverance find great alternatives! Out of 5 different companies, Berk was the ONLY one to respond back in a positive way to my b-pipe inquiry. Others wanted me to front them some serious cash to begin R &D or simply ignored my emails and phone calls. The other company that responded had a few questionable nicks on their products and business practices when I did a search. Yes, I did a ton of research BEFORE I felt comfortable moving forward with Berk Technology.

Folks should have given Berk an opportunity and waited for a response from me. I'm not on here 24/7 like some members, so my response was a little slow, especially this week. I always respond to any emails or PM's and answered any questions as best I could...

To see members not accept responsibility for their own actions and resort to name calling is not only embarrassing, but reflects poorly on the majority of the members of Titan Talk. It negatively impacts the ENTIRE Titan community and makes it very challenging to conduct future group buys with Berk or ANY other company....

Instead of acting with maturity and appreciation a couple of you chose to be selfish... I didn't get a chance to see all the posts, but know a few of you tried reasoning and even asked members to wait for a response from me before the useless bashing got out of control. For that I thank you!

I'll end this post with a final comment told to me by a former Boss... He said, "If you aren't part of the problem then you aren't part of the solution."

I truly hope we all think about it... and the next time a company turns a deaf ear to to the Titan community... It won't be such a surprise.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had spoke to someone at Berk today around 11ish he advised me BERK will be communicating with the GB via Titan Talk as they were going threw a "middle man" to relay the info by the end of the day. Havent seen anything yet and noticed the GB thread had been deleted WTF! so confused! **** it! gonna get a custom set up threw a local fab shop. oh well on the bright side I have an extra 375 for my T =)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had spoke to someone at Berk today around 11ish he advised me BERK will be communicating with the GB via Titan Talk as they were going threw a "middle man" to relay the info by the end of the day. Havent seen anything yet and noticed the GB thread had been deleted WTF! so confused! **** it! gonna get a custom set up threw a local fab shop. oh well on the bright side I have an extra 375 for my T =)
You were one of the original 25 on the GB. Berk came back and offered the remaining (unpaid) folks the $375 GB price. Berk is now on TT. PM Bryan @ Berk with your contact info and Paypal info.

BTW, that's what I remember of Berk's post before it was deleted. I can't remember all of the remaining from the original 25, but I know you were on there. Hopefully, I passed on the correct info. Really wish people didn't come out swinging when the misunderstanding first happened.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Panman06 is correct. If you were in the top 25 on the list they were still going to make a set for you at the GB price. You need to send them your paypal email and shipping address :coolsmile

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
He did say it will be 3-4 weeks for the next delivery.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
He did say it will be 3-4 weeks for the next delivery.
Why is the thread gone now. that is the biggest question I have, I posted today on Bryans post and then called him via phone and he said that he was using a list that was there already, and he corrected it on the spot after talking with him. I am concerned about the thread disappearing now however, what info that was there was useful. Yes there were some tempers that flared, and with some reason I might admit, but standing by the Titan owners, many followed this with due diligence. I tried the Stillen deal to start with, and tried to work a deal there, we all know how that worked out. I DO THANK Berk for stepping to the plate on this, and yes, they are a business. I know it is easy to say, being I was an early one on this also. I gave up after the Stillen failure, but Gary picked it up and ran with it. We both have Nismo LT's collecting dust in the garage or vault in my case. Bryan was very respectful today on the phone, answered all my questions, and fixed the issue I had with his latest post, but I went straight to the person that needed to clarify it for me.
To delete an entire thread on the issue if you are whizzed off is childish, and I will tell that to anyones face, IN PERSON, and it serves no purpose other than to be selfish and childish as I said. We can come to some solution as to this, and Bryan is definitely, after talking to him working on a solution. So it is time for some maturity in this, and as I said, talk to Bryan and give him a call, we can work this out, we have all spent too much time to work on this, many more than others, to find a company that will at least support us. We all can remember the BBK fiasco as well, promises and promises, at least Berk put a set together, which is more than I can say for many companies out there that refuse to support our Titan's. Once again it is easy to say coming from me, but without Gary forging ahead, we still would have had only one inferior solution for b-pipes of this quality.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Why is the thread gone now. that is the biggest question I have, I posted today on Bryans post and then called him via phone and he said that he was using a list that was there already, and he corrected it on the spot after talking with him. I am concerned about the thread disappearing now however, what info that was there was useful. Yes there were some tempers that flared, and with some reason I might admit, but standing by the Titan owners, many followed this with due diligence. I tried the Stillen deal to start with, and tried to work a deal there, we all know how that worked out. I DO THANK Berk for stepping to the plate on this, and yes, they are a business. I know it is easy to say, being I was an early one on this also. I gave up after the Stillen failure, but Gary picked it up and ran with it. We both have Nismo LT's collecting dust in the garage or vault in my case. Bryan was very respectful today on the phone, answered all my questions, and fixed the issue I had with his latest post, but I went straight to the person that needed to clarify it for me.
To delete an entire thread on the issue if you are whizzed off is childish, and I will tell that to anyones face, IN PERSON, and it serves no purpose other than to be selfish and childish as I said. We can come to some solution as to this, and Bryan is definitely, after talking to him working on a solution. So it is time for some maturity in this, and as I said, talk to Bryan and give him a call, we can work this out, we have all spent too much time to work on this, many more than others, to find a company that will at least support us. We all can remember the BBK fiasco as well, promises and promises, at least Berk put a set together, which is more than I can say for many companies out there that refuse to support our Titan's. Once again it is easy to say coming from me, but without Gary forging ahead, we still would have had only one inferior solution for b-pipes of this quality.

Thanks Corky! You're one of the members I really respect on these boards. Yes, it's 2:51 am and I'm still up answering PM's and responding to this thread after working all day. I'm so irritated at this whole issue and honestly can't sleep.

One of the mods Pm'd me and basically explained that the thread was deleted because it was from a non supporting vendor (Berk). That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Although from the text messages and voice mails I received from friends, it sounds like it needed to be deleted. They were way out of line and have no business causing drama and playing arm chair quarterback! Out of the 40,000 plus members on here that are logged on EVERY SINGLE DAY posting nonsense, NONE of them stepped up and decided to do something about bringing a quality b-pipe solution to market or ANY other product for that matter to the Titan community.

The one company and owner that decides to step up and actually listen to our needs, develop a solution and work with with me on a great price is beat down, called names, etc over a simple misunderstanding and is basically bullied into giving into their demands.

Take a lesson in people skills or read a book on effective communication instead of acting like a delinquent!!! It's a joke and I honestly can't describe how disappointed I am at some of our members and their actions. I hope folks realize the long term impact this will have on the Titan community and future vendors and sponsors. I understand it's hard to truly convey feelings or thoughts over the internet and it's generally a very poor way to communicate, but it's still no excuse for the inconsiderate comments I witnessed. Comparing Berk to another company is just complete nonsense and simply shows ZERO class! Not cool at all!!!

It looks like the 2-5 people that missed paying are being taken care of... Good for them. I hope we can all move forward and learn from our mistakes. I will NOT being doing any more GB's for the Titan community. I dug up an old project I worked on ~3 years ago and was moving forward with it, but because of the lack of respect shown to Bryan and his company I've decided to call it quits and end my communication with them...

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
You state it was deleted because of non-supporting vendor. Of course they are not a vendor, they are in R&D stage in developing market for us owners who are disappointed in current vendors. Why would they want to be a vendor and pay vendor fees if they were not making money here? They were not pushing it, you were. Now everyone is in uproar. Strange.:confused:

So whats the deal? For those that paid, I am assuming we are still ago?

Now that Berk is in the making of our pipes, I assume it could move forward into the Vendor stage (if Berk sees a marketable and possibly profitable response)?

Gary, on a personal note, THANK YOU for stepping up and leading this charge and even taking this hit. You are taking it very personally and we see the dedication. We are now in the home stretch...Your tenacity and drive will pay off. I am sure many feel the same way as I. I am even sure Berk thanks you.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
You state it was deleted because of non-supporting vendor. Of course they are not a vendor, they are in R&D stage in developing market for us owners who are disappointed in current vendors. Why would they want to be a vendor and pay vendor fees if they were not making money here? They were not pushing it, you were. Now everyone is in uproar. Strange.:confused:

Now that Berk is in the making of our pipes, I assume it could move forward into the Vendor stage (if Berk sees a marketable and possibly profitable response)?

Gary, on a personal note, THANK YOU for stepping up and leading this charge and even taking this hit. You are taking it very personally and we see the dedication. We are now in the home stretch...Your tenacity and drive will pay off. I am sure many feel the same way as I. I am even sure Berk thanks you.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank you Gary and all members who truly helped with making this happen.... Most especially, that you Berk (Bryan) for everything your company has done for the Titan community. I hope this does not hinder relations with potential vendors. After all, our support is already limited.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Gary, thank you for setting this up. Granted, things didn't go as smoothly as one would hope. Hopefully, everyone involved learned from this and will employ the proper edicate in business conflict resolution. Again, thanks for all the work you put into this.

-Allen

Bryan at Berk said those of use that initially paid for our pipes (when the announcement first went out) are good to go. He already has the materials for our pipes and is working on production.

The 5 or 6 folks from the original "25 list" that are unpaid still have the option of purchasing the pipes at $375. Although, Berk said that it will be about 3-4 weeks for these remaining folks to receive their pipes.

After the production runs for this GB, Fontana Nissan will be able to sell the pipes. Fontana is an approved vendor, meaning they help support the forum. Berk will have a future avenue to market their products through Fontana.

A thank you to Scott and Bryan for resolving the misunderstanding with professionalism.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
Everything is fine... I apologized to Bryan it's all good. I guess it got deleted before you got a chance to read it yourself? The beef was squashed, unless someone said something after it was settled last night?

The remaining original 25 member's will be given a chance to pay for their B-Pipes at the originally stated price. Along with the member's that sneaked in their order's. :)

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
When I saw the B pipes listed on the website, I thought anyone could buy them for $375 delivered and Berk would just make more than 25 sets. I'm sure others thought the same way and made the purchase even though they were not on the list.

Reactions: BBtruck

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
I just sent Gary a PM trying to shed some light on what actually happened & what was said on my behalf in the thread that was deleted. I don't think he got a chance to read what Bryan & i had posted before it was taken down. I think one of you might have exaggerated the story a bit to him, whoever that was? :teethmast

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
When I saw the B pipes listed on the website, I thought anyone could buy them for $375 delivered and Berk would just make more than 25 sets. I'm sure sure others thought the same way and made the purchase.
NOPE!!! That's exactly the problem!!!!!!!

Berk wanted the original 25 member's to go to their website & submit the money for their B-Pipes, not everyone. That was a mis-communication that came out on the thread & that's why people from the first 25 got shut out. That's what my whole conversation with Bryan was all about. After i got off the phone with him, he logged on to the forum for the first time & read what was actually happening for himself. That's when he figured out that just anyone could have gone on there & put an order in for the B-Pipes & had no way of keeping track of who's who. Apologies were made & the train was back on track. :)

Reactions: BBtruck

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Thanks Corky! You're one of the members I really respect on these boards. Yes, it's 2:51 am and I'm still up answering PM's and responding to this thread after working all day. I'm so irritated at this whole issue and honestly can't sleep.

One of the mods Pm'd me and basically explained that the thread was deleted because it was from a non supporting vendor (Berk). That's it, nothing more, nothing less. Although from the text messages and voice mails I received from friends, it sounds like it needed to be deleted. They were way out of line and have no business causing drama and playing arm chair quarterback! Out of the 40,000 plus members on here that are logged on EVERY SINGLE DAY posting nonsense, NONE of them stepped up and decided to do something about bringing a quality b-pipe solution to market or ANY other product for that matter to the Titan community.

The one company and owner that decides to step up and actually listen to our needs, develop a solution and work with with me on a great price is beat down, called names, etc over a simple misunderstanding and is basically bullied into giving into their demands.

Take a lesson in people skills or read a book on effective communication instead of acting like a delinquent!!! It's a joke and I honestly can't describe how disappointed I am at some of our members and their actions. I hope folks realize the long term impact this will have on the Titan community and future vendors and sponsors. I understand it's hard to truly convey feelings or thoughts over the internet and it's generally a very poor way to communicate, but it's still no excuse for the inconsiderate comments I witnessed. Comparing Berk to another company is just complete nonsense and simply shows ZERO class! Not cool at all!!!

It looks like the 2-5 people that missed paying are being taken care of... Good for them. I hope we can all move forward and learn from our mistakes. I will NOT being doing any more GB's for the Titan community. I dug up an old project I worked on ~3 years ago and was moving forward with it, but because of the lack of respect shown to Bryan and his company I've decided to call it quits and end my communication with them...
Thanks Gary, I appreciate that, and it appears that things are moving in the right direction once again. I spoke with Bryan yesterday right after I posted my concerns with the Paypal thing. The money for my pipes was already out of the bank and in their hands, and Bryan corrected it on the spot. We spoke for a good 15 minutes talking about the issues and it seems as if Bryan is trying to make a good solution to all of this, I thank him for that and I also thank him for working with us. The problem I do have now is this, why this thread was removed after how many posts and what was being done in the thread. If there was an issue with the vendor, waiting on now to kill it is, IMO, a cheap shot. Is this site really for Titan owners? Or is this site all about finances? I understand sponsorship, I do it myself in a Titan forum, I understand that bills have to be paid, what I do not understand is the way it was done. If this was an issue, then it should have been an issue long before now, that thread has many, many posts and was up for at least a month or more, and to do something like that now is definitely not the way to win loyalty to a site. So I think that it should be looked at in the future, or at least someone from the site could have explained it to the site members, which IMO opinion is the proper way to have handled it, but in reality it should have been handled long before now. This all might be a ban for me or time off from the site, but if we cannot express our opinions, and I think I have been within the rules on it, then so be it. I will stay in contact with the folks that I need to somewhere, my email won't be censored by this site nor anyone else and friends that I have made here, I have theirs and they have mine. I understand emotions and some had rightfully had theirs be elevated, but I did see apologies and such and everything seemed fine again and I have some elevated ones myself right now. I have always been one to speak my mind, and not likely at my age it will change. So any consequences that come from this little rant, so be it. There are options out there.

Gary, I can't thank you enough for forging this ahead, even in the face of the failed Stillen GB, which we tried so hard, but to no avail. I appreciate you keeping me informed even when I was in Australia for that month, and even trusted the guy enough to send him the money to help me out, if needed, to get my money in for the pipes. Friendship and Titan brotherhood is a great thing, and that is why we come here. I think that finances are somewhat secondary to what we work with here, heck I was prepared to buy every set of pipes if needed to make sure we hit that initial 25, as well as some others, yeah you too HRTKD. Thanks again really to all you guys that hit the site to pay quick, I thought if we had any issues it might be that. Thanks Bryan for even doing this, I think it will be a market for you folks. You have at least my respect for helping out a limited market for us. I did purposely not spell out the company that is all involved, due to not wanting to be deleted due to someone thinking there was advertising going on.
Gary, fill me in on this other thing you wanted to work on, I will help you on that one, it is tough for one guy to mainstream all of what you did for the TITAN owners. You have all my email addresses.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts