Nissan Titan Forum banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I sent an email to berk last night as well...still waiting on a reply.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just sent my email to Berk too.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hey Gary. Long time no see, how ya been?
Good man, just busy with life. Got your PM's, it's all good. Let's just hope the other product I'm trying to get into production happens and company's aren't turned off by all the drama. I'll make sure to be much more explicit with my communication and may even get a few of you to help that are on here 24/7. That way we can filter the communication and mitigate the issues/concerns before they get out of hand:)

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just got off the phone with Berk and asked them about the 4x4 and he said that they have a 4x4 coming into there shop today to see if they can put an extension on the O2 bung or if they will just have new ones made specific for the 4x4 models. He said he will contact me before closing today and let me know what their plans are.
These guys are great the customer service was excellent and I am looking forward to finding out what is going to happen.

Reactions: gary748

·
Registered
432 Posts
A big thanks to those that are working to resolve the fitment issue with Berk. For the rest of us that bought the initial batch, let's hold off on bombing Berk with calls and emails.

Berk is aware of the issue and are working coming up with a resolution. We should wait and see what HRTKD and Gimmelub report back. This way, Berk can concentrate on the issue at hand instead of fielding calls and emails.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Glad to hear Gary! I would be glad to help out! Just let me know if there is anything i can do.

My B-Pipes came today!!! I've haven't had a chance to go pick them up yet, but i will post pic's as soon as i do! :)

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Let's just hope the other product I'm trying to get into production happens and company's aren't turned off by all the drama. I'll make sure to be much more explicit with my communication and may even get a few of you to help that are on here 24/7. That way we can filter the communication and mitigate the issues/concerns before they get out of hand:)
Glad you didn't give up the pioneering spirit G. I'll jump in whatever GB you come up with..:) I appreciate your efforts in bring manufactures to our performance needs. Thanks bro.

L

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
indeed!!^^^

A big thanks to those that are working to resolve the fitment issue with Berk. For the rest of us that bought the initial batch, let's hold off on bombing Berk with calls and emails.

Berk is aware of the issue and are working coming up with a resolution. We should wait and see what HRTKD and Gimmelub report back. This way, Berk can concentrate on the issue at hand instead of fielding calls and emails.
excellent advice!

i'm sitting here at Berk, on Brian's computer as a matter of fact, watching netflix while he works on my truck and his dog sleeps at my feet lol. VERY nice people over here at Berk Tech :) him and his partner are out there wrenching away at this very moment. i'll report back as soon as i hear something!

·
Registered
81 Posts
indeed!!^^^

excellent advice!

i'm sitting here at Berk, on Brian's computer as a matter of fact, watching netflix while he works on my truck and his dog sleeps at my feet lol. VERY nice people over here at Berk Tech :) him and his partner are out there wrenching away at this very moment. i'll report back as soon as i hear something!
Thank you for your prompt effort on helping everyone resolve this little bump on the road. I know my wife would greatly appreciated it, since these b-pipes almost got turn into some $375 paper weight. I also think that she's got some DT LT headers order for me.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Here's a pic of my Berk Tech SS B-Pipes! They look GREAT!!! They did an awesome job on these, the craftsmanship is excellent! I still need to get a 90* mandrel bend & (2) 2.25" flanges. I should be getting these installed within the next couple of week's. :)

Reactions: BBtruck

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Let's just hope the other product I'm trying to get into production happens and company's aren't turned off by all the drama. I'll make sure to be much more explicit with my communication and may even get a few of you to help that are on here 24/7. That way we can filter the communication and mitigate the issues/concerns before they get out of hand:)
Where's the sign up list? Put me on it. Wait! I don't even know what it is! Hmm, maybe this could be like holding a place in line for some valuable commodity and I can sell shares in my place in line.

I think the first batch (or two) of these pipes are going to be collector items.

FYI, the O2 bungs are angled up. The passenger side is maybe 45 degrees while the driver side is much more shallow, say 20 degrees.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Another 4x4 owner following the thread closely, waiting to see the ultimate resolution...
It doesn't look to me as if the original run pipes can be 'fixed' without horrible hacks (but I could be wrong...) so I'm expecting some kind of exchange program once parts that fit are available. Mine are still sealed in their box waiting for warmer weather. And possibly a set of LT headers...

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
alrighty so it looks like all the 4x4 guys are going to be exchanging the driver's side b-pipe for one that has the cat and bung moved further south :)
the passenger side sensor just needs to be unhooked from its stock location to an alternate one to make it reach the bung (don't make it try to stretch, just unhook and relocate the clip).
bryan just left the room w the freshly redesigned b-pipe that he is slapping on my truck as I type :D I can still smell the hot welds..... mmmmmmmm! I wasn't expecting them to install the pipes lol I thought I was just here for test fitting! gonna be a nice drive home, I can't wait!
so that's it! thanks to all who brought this to light and saved the rest a big ol' headache :cheers:

ps: I don't wanna speculate as to how berk is going to arrange the exchanges, I know yall are curious and eager, so I would just email them your order #s and other contact info to get the ball rolling.

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
MA's are simple enough... but how about the one that got painted black??? ;) Had to mess with ya HRTKD!!! uh-oh... :rofl:
Yeah, I know. Maybe I can market them as pre-painted. And those aren't drips in the paint, they're racing lines!

I spent like 25 minutes cleaning up some small burrs on the inside of the pipes. I hit them with 120 grit sandpaper and that wasn't working so I got out the Dremel. I was stoked to get these and didn't want any small imperfections messing with my exhaust flow. If I still had the card-in-spokes noise after installing these the burrs would always be in the back of my mind as the cause.

I also destroyed two of the gaskets that Berk provided. I used some exhaust sealer between the gasket and flanges so I didn't run into any leaks like had been posted in the "other" thread. I then had to spend 20 minutes using a razor blade to remove the gasket and sealer from my manifold flange and the b-pipe flange the next day when I decided to go back to OEM.

Hey, I have an idea. If anyone can find a part number on the O2 sensor connectors (the green doodads) I would like to see if I can find them on the Internet. I'm thinking of making a plug-n-play extender that works with the OEM connectors.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Yeah, I know. Maybe I can market them as pre-painted. And those aren't drips in the paint, they're racing lines!

I spent like 25 minutes cleaning up some small burrs on the inside of the pipes. I hit them with 120 grit sandpaper and that wasn't working so I got out the Dremel. I was stoked to get these and didn't want any small imperfections messing with my exhaust flow. If I still had the card-in-spokes noise after installing these the burrs would always be in the back of my mind as the cause.

I also destroyed two of the gaskets that Berk provided. I used some exhaust sealer between the gasket and flanges so I didn't run into any leaks like had been posted in the "other" thread. I then had to spend 20 minutes using a razor blade to remove the gasket and sealer from my manifold flange and the b-pipe flange the next day when I decided to go back to OEM.

Hey, I have an idea. If anyone can find a part number on the O2 sensor connectors (the green doodads) I would like to see if I can find them on the Internet. I'm thinking of making a plug-n-play extender that works with the OEM connectors.
Maybe someone who is an expert in electrical issues can clue us all in as to whether or not extending those wires will interfere with the signal strength enough to make any difference as to the message the computer receives from the sensor.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Maybe someone who is an expert in electrical issues can clue us all in as to whether or not extending those wires will interfere with the signal strength enough to make any difference as to the message the computer receives from the sensor.
I extended mine w/ stranded PTFE insulated wire and soldered and it doesn't throw any codes.

Summit has numerous sensor extension harnesses, I dunno how to figure out which one might work.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
MA's are simple enough... but how about the one that got painted black??? ;) Had to mess with ya HRTKD!!! uh-oh... :rofl:

Hey Gabby, how about a nice sound bite from under the T... tape the I-phone on the side of the frame and drive it down the street at WOT :rofl:
LOL! I wanted to do a before/after but I was not expecting to go home w my pipes today! I'll take some vids tomorrow :teethmast

it sounds considerably nastier at startup/WOT and louder inside... I can clearly hear it over my techno music that's @ about 50% on the RF system (bass +2, mids +1, treb all the way up) while on the fwy. I have a single bullet w NO tip (CIS is worse now lol a tip is a must) and the Injen.

power feels REALLY good. acceleration is peppier @ fwy speeds and from a stop..... i'd have to say money well spent!!! i'm not even home yet, I just had to pull over and share w you guys :D

201 - 220 of 260 Posts