Nissan Titan Forum banner

221 - 240 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
LOL! I wanted to do a before/after but I was not expecting to go home w my pipes today! I'll take some vids tomorrow :teethmast

it sounds considerably nastier at startup/WOT and louder inside... I can clearly hear it over my techno music that's @ about 50% on the RF system (bass +2, mids +1, treb all the way up) while on the fwy. I have a single bullet w NO tip (CIS is worse now lol a tip is a must) and the Injen.

power feels REALLY good. acceleration is peppier @ fwy speeds and from a stop..... i'd have to say money well spent!!! i'm not even home yet, I just had to pull over and share w you guys :D
WHOOOOH! Gabby, yet again, you are a life saver. the guys on here are gonna be happy to hear this news. Do you know if they used their gaskets and any kind of sealant? and how everything sounds/looks tomorrow, I and im sure many others would highly appreciate it. thanks for your valuable efforts!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
WHOOOOH! Gabby, yet again, you are a life saver. the guys on here are gonna be happy to hear this news. Do you know if they used their gaskets and any kind of sealant? and how everything sounds/looks tomorrow, I and im sure many others would highly appreciate it. thanks for your valuable efforts!
good question! i should have asked, dang! i was kind of tired lol i got there at 2 and left around 7pm. they worked non-stop. i heard machinery going on in the warehouse the whole time. gary... you picked a FANTASTIC company to fab up these pipes for us, you deserve so much credit! they were gracious, kind, professional, and invited me back for pastries next time i was in town lol! very, very cool people over at Berk Tech :) i'll call or email them tomorrow to ask about the gaskets and sealant and see if they can give HRTKD a solution for the harness seeing as he already customized his pipes (eek!).

i was sad to have come home. i LOVED driving my truck and didn't want it to end lol. i wish i was lying cuz i feel like such a geek, but i was smiling the whole way home :teethmast seeing as how the 2011s are more sluggish/less responsive than the older T's, the b-pipes were a very welcome addition ALONE. i cannot even imagine how well a set of headers and an UpRev tune could wake it up even more. heck, i was missing my superchips (according to [email protected] the 2011's aren't supported yet so i sold it).... but i think i'll be good for a while w/ this lil addition to the smile factor :D do i think it was worth the $400 (thank you cali tax)? YES. would i pay the full price of ~$525? YES. you have to take into consideration the QUALITY as well as the performance upgrade. mendral bends, tig welds, magnaflow HFCs.... and last but not least, SS. even though i live in sunny socal.. seeing how the mild steal of the doug thorley's treated the other guys and my own brand new gorhino's rusted at the welds... quite honestly, i don't think it's worth it to scrimp on the quality of metal that we put under our trucks. w/ that said, we'll find out soon enough how long these bad boys last, especially you wintery folk, as i understand nothing is perfect. for now, i am VERY happy! i'll be a lil too honest w/ you guys... my a$s was stood up tonight but i don't even care! :rofl: i am so happy w/ the pipes right now woo! :cheers: BERK absolutely made my night!! i can't wait to drive my truck again! :D

oh btw bryan burned the HE// out of his arm removing my stock pipes. he blistered immediately. blood, sweat, tears literally went into the making of these pipes!

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE GABBY??? I think some guy hi-jacked your TT account and posted that review... That was such an awesome write up! Before someone else beats me to it, even though we haven't officially met, and the fact that I am already married... "Will you marry me???" ;)

Seriously, that was one of the most enjoyable product reviews I have ever read... and you did not sound like a geek, that's a computer freak... You sounded like a gearhead, a real mechanical junkie! I think Berk needs to cut and paste that review into their website add, and refund you your purchase price incuding the stupid CA tax... ;) Great review and Congrats!

Now on to the future headers mod... since we are in the Nazi emissions state, you will most likely want to go with the JBA SS headers along with the same MF HFC's (#59955)... Might as well just buy the headers from JBA directly, then take them back to Bryan and have him tig weld the HFC's and SS flanges to the headers, as well as install them all at once... of course, I do not know if he or Berk will be willing to do that, but it's worth a shot... If not, just get them to tig weld the HFC's and flanges to the headers, then take them to a shop to do the swap and reinstall the B Pipes... You will meet the CARB requirements with JBA headers and the visual inspection... and am pretty confident that the quad metal HFC set-up will also pass the CA sniffer test, regardless of their non-CARB certification... as for the rest of the CA Titan's looking to do the performance header through exhaust mod as well, this is defintitely the route to go!!! (given you have the money to spend)

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
I just ordered my 90* bend & (2) 3/8" 2.25" flanges from Mandrel Bending Solution's. Came out to like $35 w/ UPS. I should be ready to get these Berk Tech SS B-Pipes installed sometime next week! :)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
i'll be a lil too honest w/ you guys... my a$s was stood up tonight but i don't even care! :rofl:
Wow, a Bpipe that is a puzzy substitute is going to be tough to beat. :)

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
Bryan said 4x4 pipes will be out next week and he'll coordinate with us on shipping back and forth.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Bryan said 4x4 pipes will be out next week and he'll coordinate with us on shipping back and forth.
should we email him or wait for him to chime in on here?

·
Registered
182 Posts
SHould I call Berk and ask for Bryan if I want to order the 4x4 B-pipes?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
I would hold out for a few more day's guy's.

Berk Tech is in the process of becoming a vendor on the forum & that's why they haven't been on here much yet. I'm not sure what it all entails becoming a vendor, but i'm sure it won't be too much longer. I'm sure they want to get all their order's straightened out before they open up another GB. They are working on getting the 4X4 guy's their B-Pipes exchanged first. :)

·
Premium Member
21,317 Posts
I'll ask Bryan by email how he wants to handle the 4x4 guys.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
**********A 2ND GROUP BUY IS UNDERWAY!! GET YOURS!!!**********

these can be compared w/ my bullet videos which are linked in my sig. i drove the same roads as when i demonstrated the bullet. i used the same camera as well. it was chilly this morning, about mid 50s average.

startup
Driving on the street w/ windows closed.
Driving up an on ramp to the freeway, then driving on street, short drive w/ window open.
Driving down an on ramp to the freeway, then driving on street, window open the whole time.
Driving by..... (love itttttttttttttttt)
Quick revs (sorry neighbors!!)

and here are some pics of the pipes installed. check out my photobucket album for some more detailed pics :) BERK Technology B-pipes pictures by GiiMmELuB - Photobucket

driver side

passenger side

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Thank's for the video's & pic's! They sound mean!!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
i had a buddy of mine drive w/ me and drive my truck to make sure that what i was hearing/feeling wasn't all in my head. he confirmed the extra decibels (undeniable) and definitely felt an improvement in power. said it took off easier from a stop. on the freeway it's more responsive. not quite the power you get from WOT removal (comparing the superchips 91 tune on my old 2WD '08), but absolutely there and yearning for some headers and a tune to take full advantage of these pipes.

ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE GABBY??? I think some guy hi-jacked your TT account and posted that review... That was such an awesome write up! Before someone else beats me to it, even though we haven't officially met, and the fact that I am already married... "Will you marry me???" ;)

Seriously, that was one of the most enjoyable product reviews I have ever read... and you did not sound like a geek, that's a computer freak... You sounded like a gearhead, a real mechanical junkie! I think Berk needs to cut and paste that review into their website add, and refund you your purchase price incuding the stupid CA tax... ;) Great review and Congrats!

Now on to the future headers mod... since we are in the Nazi emissions state, you will most likely want to go with the JBA SS headers along with the same MF HFC's (#59955)... Might as well just buy the headers from JBA directly, then take them back to Bryan and have him tig weld the HFC's and SS flanges to the headers, as well as install them all at once... of course, I do not know if he or Berk will be willing to do that, but it's worth a shot... If not, just get them to tig weld the HFC's and flanges to the headers, then take them to a shop to do the swap and reinstall the B Pipes... You will meet the CARB requirements with JBA headers and the visual inspection... and am pretty confident that the quad metal HFC set-up will also pass the CA sniffer test, regardless of their non-CARB certification... as for the rest of the CA Titan's looking to do the performance header through exhaust mod as well, this is defintitely the route to go!!! (given you have the money to spend)
LMAO!! you can be my internet sancho, how about that :rofl: :cheers:

sher, you absolutely read my mind on the future header mods!! jba's w/ a 2nd set of the 59955s is EXACTLY what i wanna do :D i don't wanna deal w/ CARB and quite frankly, i don't think my ears could handle a missing set of cats (although i guess i could do resos.....). when it comes time to get those done i am definitely going to bryan. i hope he's willing to weld everything for me :)
i was trying to hint to bryan that us titan folk are in dire neeed of a badass set of headers *nudge nudge* and he acknowledged that he had heard that the nismo's were the best out there, but that they don't make them anymore. i did my best to give him puppy dog eyes lol. to be honest i didn't really get a sense that it's something he's necessarily interested in doing so i wouldn't hold my breath, but i'm an optimist so i still have hope lol.

Wow, a Bpipe that is a puzzy substitute is going to be tough to beat. :)
LMAO!! i tell you, i had a better time driving home than i did w/ that fool the previous time we hung out, i'm glad he didn't call! :D

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
I can't wait to hear what these are going to sound with my Nismo LT's & Bank's muffler! This is the bottle neck in my whole exhaust so it should be flowing pretty darn good after that! :)

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
forgot to mention one very important thing. i've put about 75 miles on the pipes and NO CEL :)

I can't wait to hear what these are going to sound with my Nismo LT's & Bank's muffler! This is the bottle neck in my whole exhaust so it should be flowing pretty darn good after that! :)
probably frikkin amazing!!! vids are a must!!

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Good new's on not throwing any codes!

I'll try to make a video with my girlfriend new camera. Her's is a lot better than mine. LOL :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, looks like OEM gaskets and copper RTV did the trick for Berk with your B-pipes.

Ive got 600miles on mine. No CEL. Well worth the price of admission.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great, I'll be first to bombard! I have headers and catback exhaust on order, I desperately want the 4x4 version of your Berk B-Pipes when available. Can I call and place an order now (knowing it won't be fulfilled for a while)?

221 - 240 of 260 Posts