Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a Bluetooth scanner which allows you to download any software from Google play or Apple store. Question is, which ones do you guys like and is there a free version that does transmission temp? Can't seem to find the latter in free versions. Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Titan S - Plain White
184 Posts
Recently purchased a Bluetooth scanner which allows you to download any software from Google play or Apple store. Question is, which ones do you guys like and is there a free version that does transmission temp? Can't seem to find the latter in free versions. Thanks
Never found one a free one that gave the transmission temperature. I bought a scangauge device as this does.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Torque Pro. The free version is pretty full-featured, but the full version is only $5, so I went ahead and got it. Been using it for about 9 years now.
I will most likely get the torque pro for $5. I can't believe the free versions give you all that data but not the transmission. It is what it is, just curious bc I'm sick of downloading apps and not getting the tranny lol. Thanks

Reactions: Warhammer

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,877 Posts
i never even looked for trans temp on torque light. i have the ultragauge app too but never looked into it, either.

going to their site, ultragauge's higher model reads transmission temperature. i bought this for my son to use and he didn;t like it so it came back to me and he bought a scan gauge for his car.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I originally installed torque lite and didn't see transmission temp. Has to be on the pro...if only I could remember my Google password 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I originally installed torque lite and didn't see transmission temp. Has to be on the pro...if only I could remember my Google password 🤔
I tried the torque and the blue driver. Neither was able to produce a tranny temp.. I even searched around the net with no real luck.

My 20 has an “idiot” tranny gauge.. Doesn't matter if it's 30 degrees or 100 degrees after 5 minutes it will rise to the mid position and stay there😂😂

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
5,877 Posts
my 17 has a bar gage on one of the screen when flipping through the options

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Torque does not provide transportation temp in the Gen1. Can't speak to the Gen2. Almost no options for trans temp in the Gen1. From what I can gather it is a multi-stage PID and most Bluetooth scanners can't do that level of complexity.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Torque does not provide transportation temp in the Gen1. Can't speak to the Gen2. Almost no options for trans temp in the Gen1. From what I can gather it is a multi-stage PID and most Bluetooth scanners can't do that level of complexity.
Which is strange, bc it does everything else.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
No, there are things higher end scanners do that Torque doesn't have capability to do.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh I agree, I can't manipulate solenoids but just a temp reading doesn't sound complicated. So the torque pro doesn't do transmission either?

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Not for Gen1 Titans. Trans temp in the Titan isn't a simple single PID access, so very few systems can access it.

Reactions: matt20

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks dubyam. Should've stuck to my original plan and bought a real scanner. This thing is pretty cool though...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts