Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I did a search and couldnt find anything on this subject...

Today I had a conversation with a friend and he suggested installing an alarm for the Titan I bought 3 months ago...at first I thought the OEM Factory alarm device was enough but now I am thinking that...THAT will not work considering that he told me that one of his friends could de-activate any factory alarm in a blink. Now I am seriously thinking about installing an alarm...

Do you guys know about a good alarm out there ? Doing a search on google I found this:

http://www.nohotwire.com/index.html

They claim to be on the market since the 70's with not even 1 car stolen... and I think it is about 400 installed and they go to your place, something like that... so I would like to hear about your experience..... WOOT I just received an email from the guys at Ravelco here it is:

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for your interest in the Ravelco Anti-theft Device (ATD). With over 3,500,000 installations worldwide over the last 30 years, and ZERO thefts, the Ravelco is the only device proven to prevent auto theft.

The fully installed price to install a Ravelco Anti-Theft Device in a 2006 Nissan Titan is $399.95, plus tax.

There is no additional charge for our mobile service. We will to come to you to do the installation. Having the Ravelco installed couldn't be easier- we do installations by appointment and one of our mobile professionals will come to your home or office to perform the installation. There is no need for you to drive to us, leave your home or take a day off work. The installation takes about two hours per vehicle.

With California Ravelco there are no hidden fees, no monthly maintenance charges, and no annual inspections. The Ravelco has a lifetime warranty, and we’ll even come inspect the device for free if you have an attempted theft on your vehicle. If the device is damaged during an attempted theft, we’ll replace it for free the first time.

In summary, for $399.95 you are getting the Ravelco ATD, two uniquely coded Ravelco plugs, two window stickers, two quick-release detachable key chains, and installation at your home or work. Not to mention you are getting the only auto security device that will give you the peace of mind that comes with knowing your car won't be stolen.

NEXT STEPS
We have a few appointments open in the next couple days. Just call us toll-free at 1-866-NoHotwire (1-866-664-6894) and we’d be happy to answer questions or book an appointment.

Best regards,
Richard Biscevic
www.NoHotwire.com
866-NoHotwire (866-664-6894)

Alright guys please post, your input about this subject is very very important, no one wants their babies to be stolen!!!

Peace

EC

·
Registered
557 Posts
Seems like a PITA to me, but if you're worried about getting your truck stolen it seems to be an effective solution to that problem.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
I have had LoJack installed on all my vehicles so far and feel I am pretty secure. But all the police patrol units in my area have the locators if my vehicles get stolen, so they will find it in a flash. I have also used this with great success.

http://www.clifford.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=705

·
Registered
805 Posts
I use the Auto Lock, and it's pretty much is next to impossible to steal my Titan. unless of course they tow it away!
theives look for quick and easy targets, so the harder you make it on them, they'll move on to an easier target.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for your answers!

Just a question, what is exactly auto lock? and what model is the one you are using?

Also, I was reading that most of the car alarms can be bypassed in about 8 mins or less... that is scary!

Is there other member that can help with input here?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
With the clifford, it will page you the instant the alarm is triggered. Then you can take care of the thugs with whatever means you see fit. Personally, I'd use one of my side arms. Then again, the sound of a pump shotgun would send anyone running.....

·
Registered
805 Posts
eduardomi said:
Hey thanks for your answers!

Just a question, what is exactly auto lock? and what model is the one you are using?

Also, I was reading that most of the car alarms can be bypassed in about 8 mins or less... that is scary!

Is there other member that can help with input here?

Thank you!!!
go to autolock.com, and im useing the one that locks the brake pedal.
it basically locks the pedal in place, hence the thief wont be able to put it in gear, and he wont be able to drive off in it. even if you have the engine running with the lock in place, the car wont be driveable! and it's indistructable!

i always use it when my truck is left alone. at home another car blocks it in the driveway, and at work i can see it..... :) good luck

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phugoid said:
go to autolock.com, and im useing the one that locks the brake pedal.
it basically locks the pedal in place, hence the thief wont be able to put it in gear, and he wont be able to drive off in it. even if you have the engine running with the lock in place, the car wont be driveable! and it's indistructable!

i always use it when my truck is left alone. at home another car blocks it in the driveway, and at work i can see it..... :) good luck

LOL

I Like the idea of having something else blocking the car haha

/thanks!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts