Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam looking for some advice on new shocks for the front. I currently have the leveling kit in the front with stock shocks and the ride of course is terrrible!
Looking into going through PRG and either the DR's or the fox CST's. What do all you think of these products? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
SAW's for the street. DR's for offroad.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
The fox is an emulsion shock, forget it.

SAW, DR and Radflo all have good shocks. I have used the DR and SAW and the SAWs offer more travel and perform better on and off road.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Sway-A-Way, yes.... PRG has both fronts and rears now. Call Greg. He'll set you up. He did for me! I just bought some yesterday......

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blackbeauty said:
Sway-A-Way, yes.... PRG has both fronts and rears now. Call Greg. He'll set you up. He did for me! I just bought some yesterday......
Thanks all!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have been very pleased w/ my SAW's. Esp after the re-valving. Even better now. Greg at PRG is great to deal with.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Blackbeauty said:

Did you get the 4 inch performace lift BB?

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I talked to Greg about that. He actually recommended I just go with the SAW's, and the UCA's. The 3-leaf springs on the rear of the 4x4 are about the same as the Deavers (almost anyway - not EXACTLY the same thing), and that it would almost be throwing money away. On a 2WD, it's a good upgrade. I also got the rear 1.5" blocks and the traction bars. Oh, and he's got the SAW's for the rear now as well.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Good to know. I might get out even cheaper. How are the saw rears different from the billstein's? What was the price breakdown on all of that(if you dont mind me asking?)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Do you have to run aftermarket uca's to get full lift out of the front coilovers? Which coilover can you get the most lift out of on a 4x4?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
I talked to Greg about that. He actually recommended I just go with the SAW's, and the UCA's. The 3-leaf springs on the rear of the 4x4 are about the same as the Deavers (almost anyway - not EXACTLY the same thing), and that it would almost be throwing money away. On a 2WD, it's a good upgrade. I also got the rear 1.5" blocks and the traction bars. Oh, and he's got the SAW's for the rear now as well.
So let me get this straight, Greg told you not to get the deavers because your 4x4 leaf springs are just as good as the deavers and it would be throwing money away? Interesting..... Maybe I'll just upgrade to a 2" block instead of a deaver.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
On a 4wd, the Deaver/PRG mini-packs work very well, but offer a bit more height than most guys want. The 4wd spring is much better than the 2wd spring to start with. So to save money, time, etc, I will typically recommend just a shock upgrade for the rear of a 4wd (to match the front coilovers/uca combo) and maybe a small block. Now, a 2wd is a different story. I highly recommend the spring upgrade for these.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Aren't the saw shocks notorious for leaking?

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
tre5 said:
Aren't the saw shocks notorious for leaking?
About 5 years ago they were. Times have changed. I have sold well over 300 SAW in the last year and have only had 2 that leaked. Actually, these are the LEAST leaky shocks that I know of. I replace Bilsteins more than that. The leakiest race shocks on the market right now use dark blue end caps.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.