Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I am interested in getting a HID plug & play kit for my 04' Titan. My question is what brand or website is the best to buy from. Im looking for a quality kit and am willing to pay for quality. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I have DDMs. $30. I have seen a few people complaining about them, but so far mine work fine. The hardest part about installation is getting to the bulbs. I have bought 11 sets this year and they are all working with no complaints. There is a lot of info on their website, along with a color chart. My 6000Ks have just a hint of blue, still basically a factory HID color. I guess 5000K would be white. If I buy new bulbs, it will be the 5000Ks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have Armaden's 4300k . Very white,installed in 5mins. Access the headlights from the wheelwell. PM him, great to deal with, fast shipping

Reactions: TitanMan18

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
4300 is closest to a factory HID. I have them in my Titan and 5ks in the Bug and the wifes Quest....very very little difference. There's DDM, HIDXtra as well as a few others. I think they're all the same. I wouldn't be surprised to find that they're all made by one or two companies like TVs.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Armaden is the man .. send him a message. Good prices and better service! 5000k. Is a great white with a very little tint of blue.

Reactions: TitanMan18

·
Registered
899 Posts
I didn't mention Armaden earlier, because I do not have his HIDs. But every other light on my truck was swapped for his LED package. He is a great guy. Quick, honest, and has stood by his products. I had a couple of bulbs not working properly, and he made it right with zero hesitation. Thats worth a lot.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
I would go Armaden or Hidextra.com. You may not get the color you want if you order DDM. Plus, they'll only warranty your kit if they can still make money. They say lifetime warranty, but when both my Ballasts went bad in a month, they decided not to warranty the second ballast after I paid $20 for shipping. Seriously man, I have seen DDM complaints on other forums as well as there facebook page. Play it safe and get a true kit from Armaden or Hidextra...just my same .02 cents I share in every HID thread lol

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have read just about every post on this site about which HID's to get for my 07 Titan, even pm'd 0-FiveCC about them, I still have not decided but it wont be DDM's read to many negative things about them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will definitely be looking into Armaden for some bulbs, thanks everyone for your replys. you have all been thanked.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I bought DDM 6k which has a hint of blue but are pretty white as they warm up and b/c they were cheap and I hadn't heard of Armaden yet. After hearing about all the negative things I bought a backup set from Armaden and would have chose him if I knew before hand. I have 4300k from him and also all my led's.......best service!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I bought DDM 6k which has a hint of blue but are pretty white as they warm up and b/c they were cheap and I hadn't heard of Armaden yet. After hearing about all the negative things I bought a backup set from Armaden and would have chose him if I knew before hand. I have 4300k from him and also all my led's.......best service!
What are your thoughts on the quality of the ANZOs? Do they leak or fog up? They look like the headlight mod to me. I like it.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
What are your thoughts on the quality of the ANZOs? Do they leak or fog up? They look like the headlight mod to me. I like it.
I love them. I've had them for 1yr and a half and no probs.

They did fog a bit when I 1st bought them only on 1 side which was minimal but haven't seen them do it again.

I'd rather pay for them to come blk inside rather than hassling with taking them apart, painting, baking, etc.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are you guys putting HIDs in the stock housings? If so, hows the cut-off/beam pattern?

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts
I would go Armaden or Hidextra.com. You may not get the color you want if you order DDM. Plus, they'll only warranty your kit if they can still make money. They say lifetime warranty, but when both my Ballasts went bad in a month, they decided not to warranty the second ballast after I paid $20 for shipping. Seriously man, I have seen DDM complaints on other forums as well as there facebook page. Play it safe and get a true kit from Armaden or Hidextra...just my same .02 cents I share in every HID thread lol
I think that DDM used the same bulb for 4500, 5000, and 6000 . I have 2 sets that I purchased before DDM was popular that are 4300, they look good and white/factory. The DDM that I ordered was 4500 and they are much closer to 6000.

I am going to contact Armaden to replace the DDM bulbs.

·
Super Moderator
37,027 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Will it blind oncoming drivers? Do you have to aim your headlights down? I've had HIDs in the stock housings on my Corvettes and they spray the light everywhere.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts