Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, what are the best LT headers and b pipes?

I've got a full banks exhaust. I want to add b pipes and headers. What would be a good combo?

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Nismo is regarded as best, although difficult or impossible to find. DTs seem fine although reported to rust in salty winter environments, it has been posted you can contact them for a SS version. Stillen makes headers and B-pipes although there have been some issues w/codes on the B-pipe, I dunno if they have that figured out. Berk is in the process of producing B-pipes w/ hopefully better quality longer life cats and extended sensor bungs that will hopefully not throw codes which will apparently be available in the near future from site sponsor Fontana Nissan. Walker makes bolt up B-pipes w/o cats. Obx has some less expensive LTs on Ebay which come with gaskets & bolts, I dunno much about them although they look decent.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just get a set of Doug THorly headers and have them professionally ceramic coated...They will last forever

·
Registered
364 Posts
Professionally coated mild steel headers still rust ^^^^ Here is a picture of Jet Hot coated Dynomax mild steel headers on my Trans-Am that is not even driven in the winter

For my Titan that is driven in the winter I'll be getting stainless steel headers

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about the stillen LT headers? And walker b pipes?

What about emissions with no cats?

·
Registered
432 Posts
How about the stillen LT headers? And walker b pipes?

What about emissions with no cats?
Running no cats is illegal and for off road use only *disclaimer

If you run an off road vehicle with the setup above, you will throw a CEL. You will need to modify the b-pipes (depends on Titan year) to get the O2 sensor further from the exhaust stream.

There are threads illustrating the O2 bung modification.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was in this same spot recently and chose the stainless Doug Thorley headers coated by them and am waiting for my Berk B pipes.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Definitely give Stillen a call for the headers atleast. I have found to get lower prices than what they advertise when I call.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No not really. Just call and ask them what the best price they can give. Also if you noticed I didn't say anything about the b-pipes....just headers.

I got great deals on the three products I bought from them. I haven't had one single issue with any of them and couldn't be happier either. I was going to get some headers about a year or so ago and they gave me a very nice quote on a set. Some other stuff came up and the timing wasn't right. They also quoted me a price I didn't agree with at all for the bpipes. Again....I didn't mention the bpipes now did I?

Just because they had to raise a price on one of their products doesn't mean they don't have good values on other things. Sorry you are comparing apples and oranges here.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
I found some OBX headers on ebay for $325.

Can someone give me more info on them?
I have not seen much feedback on them yet. One install in progress is experiencing difficulty. To be fair, DTs and JBAs have suffered some apparent variance issues between headers that also created install problems, which required shaving studs and redrilling holes. So this may be an isolated example. Personally, I would wait and see if this is going to be a common problem, because the labor to install headers is very substantial even when the headers fit correctly. If they don't fit, it becomes a nightmare.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...ssanger-side-lt-header-install-fit-issue.html

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you like Stillen's stuff, feel free to vote with your money. I preferred to save hundreds of dollars, but that's just me.
I like what I have purchased from them. Like I said call and ask for their best price. You may be amazed at what they say, you may not. I got my stuff a couple years ago.

It has been said before, but the Titan community is a bunch of cheapo's. We all want something for nothing. We do not drive Chevy's or Ford's. The Titan has not been around long enough to have the sort of aftermarket these companies have. The engine and drive train are ONLY in the Titan and Armada. There is not a big market here. If people were actually willing to pay we might see some more options. But the biggest set back here is there just isn't a big enough market.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts