Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

New here to these forums at least and a new 2011 Ttitan owner as well.

I added the Nismo CAI and had the dealership to the 2 degree timing MOD. Wow the truck is very different for the better!

My next task is gas mileage. I see from reviews the the SLR chip is supposed to be one of the best plug and play chips on the market. Anyone know of something similar that may be better or have one and can comment on how it is working out?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
welcome, dont buy any "chip" or "programmer" and expect better mpgs.......secondly uprev is the only way to go tuning wise once you are done modding

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i saw that one. it is like $1K. I am just hoping for a bump and am not expecting much but certainly 3-6MPG would be great. Of course with more HP, the problem quickly becomes keeping your foot out of it - that one aint easy to overcome since I like the "rear sinking in seat feeling" of a big V8 when you step on it!

Just seeing if my new sig updates when editing a previous post...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
i just got it done for 550.00, i know what you mean abut keeping your foot out of it though..GL :)

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Look up Bully Dog Triple GT tuner, Bully Dog Power Pup, Superchips Cortex and Superchips Flash Paq.

I had the BDGT on my old Titan and it was awesome. Look up those above. You can buy them used on here for a cheap price. If you plan on getting headers or cams in the future than your best bet will be UPREV.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
Hi All,

New here to these forums at least and a new 2011 Ttitan owner as well.

I added the Nismo CAI and had the dealership to the 2 degree timing MOD. Wow the truck is very different for the better!

My next task is gas mileage. I see from reviews the the SLR chip is supposed to be one of the best plug and play chips on the market. Anyone know of something similar that may be better or have one and can comment on how it is working out?
The slr chip doesnt do anything that I know of. If its off ebay dont buy it they dont do anything

Sent from my samsung fascinate using the auto guide app

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I have been looking around more this morning. All I want is a prorgammer that can forward the timing by 2 degrees and turn off WOT. The dealer did the timing advance mod for me free of charge. They did that as a test since their Master Tech had never done that before on a 2011 Titan. He said they usually do it if requested for a half hour labor charge (about $50). I am going to ask him next week about flipping WOT.

All I am looking for is a programmer that can restore factory settings and make those 2 mods. The Superchips devices seem to be what I am looking for but they do not the 2011s yet. More to follow.

I took some pics this morning. Later today I will be updating my signature with all my mods and pics.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Superchips said they will not update their programmers for the 2011 Titan.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep! Which is why I stopped looking at their units. Right now only a few support the 2011s. 2 from Hypertech, BBGT and uprev. I was only interested in the programmer for 2 tweaks.

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
BDGT will work with 2011, It will take away the WOT if you want, you can do the 2* timing, read and wipe all codes and restore to factory when needed. I just got mine. you just need to update it. not sure why they haven't said this on their site yet.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but do you have to use the monitor or can you just program and remove it? from what i saw, it implies you need the monitor.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
but do you have to use the monitor or can you just program and remove it? from what i saw, it implies you need the monitor.
You can remove it after installing a tune.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You can use the programmer to tune the truck, remove wot and advance timing and then remove the unit if you want but that is pretty stupid if you ask me. The monitor has tons of cool features to take advantage of. You can monitor afr, timing, trans temp, mpg, and tons of other things. Plus it has a driving coach to help you drive better to maxamize fuel economy. So yes you can tune and remove but you aren't getting all the benefit of the bullydog gt.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hmm. so how are the bbgts working on 2011s? give us some details
Cant say, I have an 08. However on my truck which is exactly like yours I love the bdgt. Definately worth 350$ with all the features. You will definately notice a huge difference in throttle responce, power, and accleration.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One BullyDog GT installed!!! I did the regular fuel tune along with turning off WOT, a 2 degree timing shift and the performance throttle sensitivity. So far so good. No comments on fuel conservation because now it is VERY hard to keep my foot out of the engine!

I even went as far as going back to factory defaults then doing the same download again just to be sure I could do so for servicing purposes.

Next MOD is the NISMO exhaust if I can talk the dealership into a whopping discount if I advertise for them a bit!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am also new to the Forum, but I have a 06 Titan and was looking at the Bull Dog GT as well and a review mentioned that it reduced gas mileage. I'm not sure what vehicle it was, but any advise on what this system will actually do for the Titan's???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts