Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I am thinking about adding cold-air intake and exhaust to my titan. Never done mods to a truck before. Saving up for 20in black off-road rims and grappler tires. Any ideas or suggestions to add a few hp? not too concerned with mpg.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Are these two options the most efficient way of adding HP without getting too expensive? Or are there other alternatives?

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The intake will add that old 4 barrel carb sound but little to no power is added. A catback exhaust is the best bet....along with the intake. The 2* timing advance helps as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. What is the 2* timing advance and what exactly does it do? Approx how much did you pay for your extang tonneau cover? Thats one of the many things I want to add. First and foremost, a little extra power and a cover. Eventually some bigger rough looking rims and tires.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
smctitan said:
Thanks. What is the 2* timing advance and what exactly does it do? Approx how much did you pay for your extang tonneau cover? Thats one of the many things I want to add. First and foremost, a little extra power and a cover. Eventually some bigger rough looking rims and tires.
The 2* timing advance does just that...it advances the timing by 2* and gives a little extra oomph...sort of like using premium fuel, it doesn't add a lot but...noticable to some. The dealer has to do it using the Nissan consult and many dealers don't know about it.
My Extang was around $200 and I'd buy another. It's a soft tonno and works well with the utilitrac bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts