Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got new wheels (pix coming soon), but they put a regular valve on them because they said that it was difficult to transfer the tpms sensors from one wheel to another. Where is the best place to buy new tpms sensors? My local dealership wants $350 for four new ones. That seems outrageous to me. thanks... Also, am i correct in that the vehicle won't pass inspection with the tpms light on?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I think they were pulling your leg. It's simple to change them over. Did you get your old ones back???

I helped mount my new wheels & tires & its as simple as loosening a nut on the valve stem, putting them in the new wheel & tightening the nut back down.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought too. I have the sensors and it looks like all they need is to be cleaned up a little and can be slapped on the new wheels.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stopped by the local dealership today and picked up new grommets and nuts, though the grommets don't look like they'll fit or at least i don't understand how they fit. Anyone offer any help? Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really want to avoid spending that kind of coin for four new sensor when I have 4 perfectly good sensors sitting around. I just don't understand how the new grommet fits onto the sensor.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Do you have a clearer picture? It looks like the installer muffed up the gaskets.

Firestone said they needed to put new gaskets on, but they didn't have any, so we just reused the old ones.

Are you sure your wheels are TPMS compatible? What kind of wheels did you get?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
yea, def. the old sensors will work fine...here the rub: if you buy tires and wheels and have them pre-mounted and balanced, then there is no way to get the tpms monitors in there without unmounting them and having them installed. if you are just buying a new tire or a new wheel, and taking it somewhere to get mounted, then shoot, use the old ones and save some cash!

·
Registered
23 Posts
the rubber gromit at the end of the valve needs to either be cut off or try to roll it off. the new gromit just slide it down. some reverse barell wheels will not accept an air sensor because of the drilled angle of the valve hole.
are you planning to ever use ur stock wheels. becase you can always just buy another set of air sensors to put in the aftermarket wheels so you don't have to swap them all the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts