Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purchased 08 crew cab w/ the rockford system. plenty of bass for an old man but not very clear. has anyone had any luck replacing the oem speakers w/o doing away with the whole system. if so best speakers for the job.
thanks

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
mike box said:
just purchased 08 crew cab w/ the rockford system. plenty of bass for an old man but not very clear. has anyone had any luck replacing the oem speakers w/o doing away with the whole system. if so best speakers for the job.
thanks

I have not heard the 08 RF system . But the 07 had more problems than just speakers. The front rerar speakers sucked and had no power . So aftermarket speakers would have hurt it without powering them with a new amp. Most aftermarket speakers require more power

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you add an aftermarket amp w/o screwing with the functionality of the system. I would replace the whole thing but it has bluetooth, xm and seems to work ok.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Do a search for LOC and you will get all your questions answered how to intergrate it.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
mike box said:
can you add an aftermarket amp w/o screwing with the functionality of the system. I would replace the whole thing but it has bluetooth, xm and seems to work ok.
yes you can keep the factory stereo and upgrade everything else. i did one about a month ago and the difference is night and day.

I would repalce all four doors with Boston acoustics and add a reall sub like 1 G1 10 sealed and 5 channel Boston amp

·
Registered
184 Posts
I agree with the lack of bass clarity, but I have a bigger problem with the crappy tweeters. It's like there are no tweeters at all. I have the highs all the way up and it still sounds like someone has their hand over the speakers. On a separate note, I still wish they offered a choice between XM and Sirius for the 3-month trial.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
the RF system in the Titan is the biggest waste i have ever heard in a vehicle.It sounds nowhere near as crisp as the base setup. Now the sub does help the bottom end but even its sloppy.Its a shame . They really had a chance to make something nice.

If you want to hear a nice sounding Factory system go listen to 07 limited expedition Audiphile system. Man ford has stepped it up with the factory system.

·
Banned
141 Posts
well the 12 volt can give you alot of options, as for me im a car audio expert with 8 yrs of experience i been doin this since i was 13 goin on 14 and all i have to say is that you should go with aftermarket speakers. check out kicker, polk, memphis, rockford fosgate, pioneer, kenwood, or infinity theyre all basically the same and for what you might be looking for i suggest pioneer but if youre looking for something that blows your mind, go with infinity they have the crisp sound any audio guy would look for as for me i have all kicker components in mine and it sounds beautiful just remember, the stereo can push them all good but you might look up some 4 channel amps for all aftermarket components do get the most sound out of them

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
kha4079 said:
well the 12 volt can give you alot of options, as for me im a car audio expert with 8 yrs of experience i been doin this since i was 13 goin on 14 and all i have to say is that you should go with aftermarket speakers. check out kicker, polk, memphis, rockford fosgate, pioneer, kenwood, or infinity theyre all basically the same and for what you might be looking for i suggest pioneer but if youre looking for something that blows your mind, go with infinity they have the crisp sound any audio guy would look for as for me i have all kicker components in mine and it sounds beautiful just remember, the stereo can push them all good but you might look up some 4 channel amps for all aftermarket components do get the most sound out of them
theres nothing wrong with any of these. I personally am a dynaudio fan to the core. But 1000 dollars for a set of speakers is alittle more than most want to do.

For most i would recommend a nice set of Boston acoustics or Mbquarts and a 5 channel amp and subs. The amp running the mids and highs is a must , the factory amp will not run them at all. ist not worth even doing if you keep the factory amp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Alpine has stepped up their speakers in recent years. I have them in my car and they sound pretty awesome. I havent upgraded my titan yet. I have an '08 king cab with the non rockford fosgate (pos!). I'd like to add an amp also. Has limited space so I dont know where I'd put a sub! Also, I dont know how well the factory cd player/reciever would perform. Anyone have any advice on this? Also how hard is it to pull door panels on a titan?(actually, putting panels back is usually the harder part for me, as they never go back like they were, lol)

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Just what ever you do dont use a LOC. The head unit has very good clarity. I compeat in sound quality in IASCA and USACi and kick but on a national level with my factory Head Unit. It is already line out and installing a LOC will kill the sound Quality, and anyone who says it wont hasnt heard it connected correctly. The engineer at Rockford that designed the system told me how to do it. I will be more than happy to tell you how to to it. I have had a several guys on her take out their LOCs and hook it up correctly and couldnt beleive the diffrence.
As far as using the factory amp on aftermarket speakers, I think you would be better of like that than with the stock ones but there is equalazation built into the amp for the OEM speakers that you cant get rid of with out getting rid of the amp.
If your OK with the bass leave the factory amp to run the subs and catch the signal from the radio to run a nice 4ch amp and and some new highs. As far as what speakers are the best depends on your budget.

Here is the plug that lets you get the signal from behind the radio..

Attachments

Reactions: wikkedfury
1 - 13 of 13 Posts