Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to use spray on bed liner on the plastic inserts on my factory steps to freshen them up a bit.

Whats the best spray can bedliner for this application?

·
Registered
431 Posts
^^^Ditto. I'm having my whole rails done right now with Line-X. If you have the gray factory steps, they sell replacements (but they are like $45 bucks each).
(Really I'm just posting to show of my new sig pic and thought it was appropriate under flips):rofl:

·
Registered
232 Posts
^^^Ditto. I'm having my whole rails done right now with Line-X. If you have the gray factory steps, they sell replacements (but they are like $45 bucks each).
(Really I'm just posting to show of my new sig pic and thought it was appropriate under flips):rofl:
lol...yea yea, too bad pierre got knocked out on that hit....would have been another score. by far the BEST game i think i have ever watch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never heard the word bedliner so much on a forum in my life... LOL.... I was on dakotasdurangos because I use to own a dakota and don't think I ever heard them talk about it... Here it's in every post... love it..

·
Registered
50 Posts
heres the best way, i work auto body and plastic, pick your diy bedliner of choice(recommend rustoleum) then wax and grease remover on plastic parts, then sand with 600 grit sand paper, wax and grease remover again....spray 2 coats of adhesion promoter... then spray your 2 coats of bedliner....it wont come off!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I use the rustoleum on my rear bumper, cowl, gas cap door, fenders, and bull bar.

Decent prep and clean and you're ready to go.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
i used it on my tube steps works good but i have to touch up everyspring u think the adhesion promoter would work good on metal or make not diff i only put three coats on maybe i should but more on

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
i used it on my tube steps works good but i have to touch up everyspring u think the adhesion promoter would work good on metal or make not diff i only put three coats on maybe i should but more on
If you put it on bare metal it won't stay that good, especially if that metal is chrome. Sanding the metal down a little and putting on some self etching primer on before you bedline will help considerably.

Photos of those items with the bedliner on 'em?

·
Registered
1 Posts
rustoleum, the duplicolor is garbage
With all of these products proper preparation of the surface is key to making the product stick to the plastics. Most plastics are made with polypropylene, this plastic is very flexible and has a very shiny finish and the shiny finish is the problem with getting paint to stick. Roughing the surface will always help paint to adhere better but it is also recommended to use an adhesion promoter.

I did mine with U-POL RAPTOR https://4wdlife.com/best-diy-truck-bedliners#5. I sanded the flares with 400 grit sandpaper, then cleaned with dish soap and sprayed it. Looks great so far. I really like that paint. Had to repair a big gash on one of the fenders with epoxy.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found some on Facebook for $50 and just cleaned up with soap and water then applied 4 coats of adhesion paint. Followed up with 4 coats of Rustoleum now drying overnight before installing.

before:

after:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts