Nissan Titan Forum banner

Best tires for nissan titan?

86K views 69 replies 44 participants last post by  KC61 
#1 ·
Hey i need new tires on my titan and am looking for some feedback on which ones to go with.I figured this was the best place to go to get some feedback thanks for your help!

#18 ·
I recommend the Falken Ziex ST-04's. for what you describe. Deep tread, mud and snow rated. Not a heavy off road tire.

I've had BFG AT/KO's for off road use and they don't wear out. Finally replacing my first set at 75,000 miles.

#4 ·
I've currently running Firestone Destination AT's; they have served me well and are a great price. I'm considering the Kumho SAT KL61 next time, because they are blackwall in the size I run; they seem very similiar to the Destinations.

#16 ·
Why do you like the nitto's better? Just curious, I have the toyo's and they've been great. I have 2 friends that purchased the nitto's and both said they don't like them. They both said the nitto feels like the sidewall's are way too stiff. They told me they get more bounce in the truck. I don't know what tires they had on before, but was interesting how they both said the same thing.

#7 ·
Loving my Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10's. They wear like a rock (meaning they are wearing very well/slowly) and do no produce much noise for an all terrain tire.

#8 ·
x2 on the Destination AT's

#9 · (Edited)
Does it snow where your at? Ether way get the DuraTracs.

#17 ·
I really love my Goodyear Duratracs. I have always been a BFG AT guy but I am officially sold on my Duratracs
x3 on the Duratracs. They're considered an AT tire but have the look of a mud tire. Extremely quiet too.

Attachments

#10 ·
I really love my Goodyear Duratracs. I have always been a BFG AT guy but I am officially sold on my Duratracs

#11 ·
For highway use, I recommend the Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza, I've had them for three years and 40k and they look like they could make at least another 15K, great wet traction and good ride.

#12 ·
The Falken Wildpeak is an A/T tire that is getting a lot of buzz. Three professional reviews that I read really liked them. My current tires still have a lot of miles left in them but when I am ready I will take a hard look at the Wildpeaks.

#13 ·
I liked the Pathfinder A/Ts when I was stock. It's a Discount Tire brand. Low price, good quality. Try checking out rimzoneonline.com. I bought my XD/Nitto Trails off this site and it was the cheapest I found anywhere. No in store dealer could match the price (I think I saved $300 off the lowest any in store dealer offered).

#14 ·
@ Prestige Worldwide: Nice pic. More COWBELL, lol!

#19 ·
I really like my Cooper Discoverer ST maxx. I've got about 1,200 miles on them...mostly towing my travel trailer. They are an E rated tire. Aggressive looking without the noise. I haven't had them in the mud, but they are good in the dry and the rain.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide App

#23 ·
If you have 17" wheels, they will fit

#25 ·
I have the Cooper Discoverer ATPs. They look good, handle great on road, quiet and have done just fine out in the desert. I had the Hankook DynaPros before these and they also worked great.

#26 ·
What kind of miles did you get out of the Hankook's? Were they noisy when they started to wear down? How was snow traction? Thanks.

#27 ·
I put around 45k on them and they easily had another 15-20k left.

Reactions: bender2
#29 ·
Keeping an eye on this thread. I had a spinal chord injury last year. It left me with severe neuropathy and hyper sensitivity from the knees down and in my right hip. My BFG's are killing me. I have a 100 mile round trip 2-3 times a week. I need the smoothest ride possible but able to get through limestone,clay and mud (w/o going 50). Honestly as a sidenote the BFG's are really bad on steep,slippery inclines and in Ga clay/Fla limestone. Maybe it's just user error...idk. Now that I've found this thread I'll delete my other post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#31 ·
I've been running Toyo Open Country AT II for 3.5+ years now, through all seasons. Mostly a daily driven vehicle with moderate highway use and light off-roading, but through the worst weather here in Atlantic Canada (Rain, snow, ice, etc....often all in one day haha) and they have done me superbly with over 60,000 KMS to date.

May 1st I have a service appointment and have decided to change them out with the BFGoodrich KO2's so hopefully they hold up as well as i hear they do. A lot of great reviews and they look a little more aggressive so i hope it's worth the change.

#34 ·
I honestly feel like no matter the brand it really depends on what day, what store, what warehouse, what guy that picked that set of 4 tires out from the back or warehouse, what year, the batch of rubber/materials used at that tires specific time, the conditions they were stored and what damn guy installs them.

Sent by my thumbs using whatever means necessary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.