Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a good 50k plus miles a year and was just curious which tires you guys think will hold up the longest for me? I've been using Bridgestone Dueler H/T's for a few years now, but I have to replace them every year. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About how much are they for a set?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Get the Brigestone Dueler H/L's not the HT's they last a lot longer or the Michelins. I have 30K on my HL's and they look like they'll last at least another 30K. I don't think you'll find any truck tires last much over 60K.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which H/L's? There are like 4 different types of H/L's. Alenza's?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Michelin AT2 70K tire awesomw traction smooth and queit

·
Registered
989 Posts
My Toyo H/T's have 71,000 miles on them and have about 4/32's left. They were a little pricey, about $900 installed (about the same as a set of Michelin Cross Terrains from Costco), but I think I got taken advantage of because there were only 2 places in town where I could find them. Online, I can get them shipped to my door for $680. The tires have been great! They wear perfectly even, handle great, and lasted longer than the warranty of 60K miles. The only negative is they are slightly stiffer than the stockers, but the handling and stability, especially when towing, easily out weigh that.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Which H/L's? There are like 4 different types of H/L's. Alenza's?
HL Alenza's, they come standard on some high end SUV's like Escalades.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok...................I feel stupid now! I thought I had the H/T's, but I actually do have the H/L Alenza's. They have lasted me for about a year now and they are ready to be replaced. I do drive about 55K a year though. I was just wondering if they make a tire that is more for driving a lot of highway miles?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers and have over 55K on them with 6/32 left to go. I love the ride and the traction. Going to the Trail grapplers when the time is near. Between $1100 and $1250 depending on the store.

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Honestly, you need to try out a set of Michelin Latitude Tour... Make sure they DO NOT have an "HP" on the name, the HP have a shorter tread life...

You're after more than just great tread life, you're also looking for better MPG.. The only way to get better MPG on a 1/2-ton is to run a lighter weight tire, the catch is that you don't want to sacrafice any structural integrity or traction capabilities, that's where Michelin's Silica-based compound puts them where no other tire on the market can touch... I just put a set of the HP on Wifey's Murano because the non-HP aren't available in that OEM size and she absolutely LOVES them.. She said the difference is day and night and she's now back to enjoying driving her car again.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
262 Posts
Hope you find a better solution. I don't have experience with any of the tires listed above, but I will say driving 50-55k miles per year is extensive. I think best case scenario is you go maybe 1.5 years between replacements so you'd save 1 set of tires every 3 years.

Of course, driving that many miles, maybe replacing once per year isn't a bad idea. Sounds like you are everywhere, and I'd rather have good tires on my vehicle than worry about saving a few bucks. And to boot, I suspect you are either getting reimbursed through your company for them, or writing them off as a business expense if you own your own company.

Not saying you shouldn't save some money. Just approaching from a different angle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts