Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured lots of you guys run the Brute force, and was wondering what you paid and where is the best place to get one? I have a 08 and didn't see it listed on alot of the web sites. SOCAL Motorsports has them for 264.00 Thats teh cheapest I have found.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
There are a few on Ebay for $208.00

·
Registered
691 Posts
is the $200+ REAL thing

that much different than the $59 copy?

by the way
i am starting a new site
it is a forum like this one but i am an off-roader (if money will alow)

come take a look linky

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Rick Guess said:
is the $200+ REAL thing

that much different than the $59 copy?

by the way
i am starting a new site
it is a forum like this one but i am an off-roader (if money will alow)

come take a look linky
I paid 241 for my AEM, it was 10% off, at autoanything.

·
Premium Member
59,065 Posts
Autoanything's price is $288.95.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got a used one I'm selling for 200.00 shipped. Just like new.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
You should be able to get a Nismo Cheaper!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The reason the nismo is so expensive at the "stealership" is because they put a warranty on it. If you have any problems with the air flow meter, they cover it. With any other oiled intake you run the risk of damaging your air flow meter. and those are not cheap to replace.

A lot of guys like the AEM because it has a non-oiled filter and it has a nice look to it.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
58 Posts
jackhammer50 said:
I got a used one I'm selling for 200.00 shipped. Just like new.
You can get them off ebay for 208 brand new. Terry

·
Premium Member
17,446 Posts
Boss Titan said:
The reason the nismo is so expensive at the "stealership" is because they put a warranty on it. If you have any problems with the air flow meter, they cover it. With any other oiled intake you run the risk of damaging your air flow meter. and those are not cheap to replace.

A lot of guys like the AEM because it has a non-oiled filter and it has a nice look to it.

Just food for thought.
NISMO is R-tune, no warranty offer even if the dealer install it for you.

·
Registered
130 Posts
baseballfanz said:
NISMO is R-tune, no warranty offer even if the dealer install it for you.
hmmm, not what the parts guy told me. good thing i've already purchased the AEM."misslelau

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Boss Titan said:

Just food for thought.

if this was true K&N would have gone out of business a long time ago. The oil does not hurt the MAF at all...

·
Registered
130 Posts
cneary812 said:
The oil does not hurt the MAF at all...
A little doesn't hurt it, but i've had to replace a MAF because of oil damage. I made a custom air intake for my pathfinder that had a HKS turbo intake cone. The filter was oiled like the K&N's and was the reason i had to spend $300.

There are other threads that people have talked about oil damage to the MAF.

Here is a pic of my pathfinder's intake...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Boss Titan said:
A little doesn't hurt it, but i've had to replace a MAF because of oil damage. I made a custom air intake for my pathfinder that had a HKS turbo intake cone. The filter was oiled like the K&N's and was the reason i had to spend $300.

There are other threads that people have talked about oil damage to the MAF.

Here is a pic of my pathfinder's intake...

I guess if you accidently over oil maybe but if you do it the way its supposed to be done its fine. Now those Fram boost foam filters I cringe at cause they are soked in oil but a properly oiled cotton mesh filter should not hurt a thing. I had one in my maxima for years and no problems

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I am leaning toward the AEM set up because of the possibilty of issues with the mafs. But I also agree with cneary812. I doubt a new filter oiled at the factory would cause any problems. I suspect it's people who reoil after cleanning and get a little carried away. With the AEM set up this is a non issue. Similar power gains, similar price, good looking, cleanable, and no mafs issues sounds good to me. Why chance it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts