Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure would like to hear how others have done a 30K service on their trucks. While I don't have a problem with investing money in preventative maintenance, I sure don't want to overdo it by paying for nonessential things like the cleaning and lubrication of the antenna mast...

Some background: My 2005 Titan LE CC is getting close to the 30K point and I am looking into my preventative maintenance options. Until now I've just routinely changed the oil, checked the fluids, and rotated the tires. And no, I don't do any maintenance on vehicles--I just drive 'em.:)

For instance, is it worth it to pay $500 at my local dealer to do this important service--or should I simply follow some or all of my Titan's maintenance schedule (as suggested by the little booklet in my glove compartment)?

I've heard that others go in and just specifiy that they only would like specific things to be done by the dealer (i.e. change coolant, drange and replace transmission fluid, etc.).

How did you do/are you going to do your truck's 30k service?

Any tips, ideas, thoughts, or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Premium Member
3,831 Posts
Don't forget to have them check the headlight fluid level. :jester:
Only do what seems realistic. You can check the belts and hoses etc. yourself. Most things on these lists are just "fluff" so it looks like they worked for their money.

Clint

·
Registered
123 Posts
Where's the fill level on the headlight? I thought they were empty. Do I have to check the air level in them?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Titan Pete said:
Where's the fill level on the headlight? I thought they were empty. Do I have to check the air level in them?

I did my 15 month service yesterday. Belt's good, coolant needed some added, washer fluid needed added, oil change done, wiper blades are good. As long as you go down the line, use common sense and check the things that it says in the manual to check, you will be fine. I staple the Autozone receipts for the oil and filter to the appropriate pages as proof and will do the receipts for the plugs and all other things I buy and change out when it comes time but that's really all you need to keep your warranty in place.

Andrew

1 - 4 of 4 Posts