Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
JetForeman said:
Don't feel bad, I've been boned several times in the past too. No wonder no one likes car dealers, there's not one out there that won't :banasex0r if you don't know exactly what your doing.........and I would bet that includes our very own Gezonmotors.

Take it easy now...lol If I "boned" you, you'd never come back and see me. Now am I making money...or am I losing money. But I can tell you first hand that I don't like most car salesmen and if you put me in a room with them I'd be the first to find a way out or kill someone lol. It's a vicious circle out there. It isn't going to change any time soon, so do what you have to do. I understand where you all are coming from. But I have to admit, all these car salespeople you are talking about are the ones that make me embarrased to tell people what I do. Take care and as always, feel free to ask questions. If I can help, I will. Good luck buying all those Titans!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
JetForeman said:
Don't feel bad, I've been boned several times in the past too. No wonder no one likes car dealers, there's not one out there that won't :banasex0r if you don't know exactly what your doing.........and I would bet that includes our very own Gezonmotors.
thanks jet i knew they :banasex0r me but i blame ford for that shity truck i had to get rid of in a hurry :jester: ford :futwice: and ill see you in court for forcing me to make a bad decision to fast :informati. :jester: i really would like to thank everyone here for good info and hope that i can provide info that helps someone. most dealers will and do :banasex0r you so dont anyone tell me they dont. the finance guy tried to stick it to me after i had been there 5 hours and i blew up and he knew he better back the hell up before i walked. he tried to bump my interest rate up a 1/2 point and i snapped. so i think a good dealer deserves 500-1000 over invoice depending on how they treat you. please everyone console me, lol lol :jester: cause im being a :crybaby:

·
Registered
21 Posts
got_titan said:
well its official i got :banasex0r and i didnt like it. but i learned a lesson on how to buy my next car if i ever do. the only thing i did get was a good interest rate at 3.4 for 60 months which saved me a little. i got mine at the end of the month at 1800 under msrp and it was the only crew cab they had on the lot and it just came off the transport truck. i should have waited but i have been to other dealers and i didnt like how i was treated or the person that i went with. i thought i was doing the right thing but maybe not, i keep :boxing: myself up and ill never be happy when i here everyone else got great deals. i should go kick there *** at my dealer :gunz: maybe ill feel better :jester:, byt probably not. im reel conseus about money and that extra 1200-1500 i gave them will not leave my mind. thats a set of 20s :imwithstu but im 25 and im living and learning ill be more patient next time \.

Also, relax. That isn't a bad deal. I know most dealers around here won't do less than sticker on an order right now and ALOT of places in the country are selling them for sticker...no less. Depends on where you are, but I wouldn't call that boned necessarily. lol Make sure they treat you well or go elsewhere next time and make sure the next place knows why you left the last. They'll make sure not to make the same mistakes if they're smart!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
GezonMotors said:
Take it easy now...lol If I "boned" you, you'd never come back and see me. Now am I making money...or am I losing money. But I can tell you first hand that I don't like most car salesmen and if you put me in a room with them I'd be the first to find a way out or kill someone lol. It's a vicious circle out there. It isn't going to change any time soon, so do what you have to do. I understand where you all are coming from. But I have to admit, all these car salespeople you are talking about are the ones that make me embarrased to tell people what I do. Take care and as always, feel free to ask questions. If I can help, I will. Good luck buying all those Titans!
If I came back to see you, chances are you wouldn't be there anyway. Besides, why would I want to come back and see you??? If I have a problem my new best friend will be the service manager, now he/she is the one that can make or break the ownership experience....Car salesmen that stay more than a few months with one dealer are rare. Most everyone I've ever dealt with had only been there a few months and only doing it until they can get a better job. The reputation of the car salespeople is their own fault. While they're smiling and shaking your right hand, their left hand is digging in your wallet, low balling you on your trade-in, playing games with the price of the vehicle, interst rates, service plans, etc. etc. Now tell me that you've ever told anyone in the past that "they could do better if they held out a little longer"??? The only "rude" buyers are those who know better.......

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
JetForeman said:
If I came back to see you, chances are you wouldn't be there anyway. Besides, why would I want to come back and see you??? If I have a problem my new best friend will be the service manager, now he/she is the one that can make or break the ownership experience....Car salesmen that stay more than a few months with one dealer are rare. Most everyone I've ever dealt with had only been there a few months and only doing it until they can get a better job. The reputation of the car salespeople is their own fault. While they're smiling and shaking your right hand, their left hand is digging in your wallet, low balling you on your trade-in, playing games with the price of the vehicle, interst rates, service plans, etc. etc. Now tell me that you've ever told anyone in the past that "they could do better if they held out a little longer"??? The only "rude" buyers are those who know better.......
thanks jet for giving them hell, next time i will pay to fly you downa nd you can go as my dad :jester: and we will get my vehicle at invoice or we will :boxing: the hell out the salesman. lol lol. i bet after i left they were laughing there as off saying what a :imwithstu moron. does he know he just bought my 20s for my titan,lol oh well i learned and learned and learned that dealers dont change. i should have :crying: and told him my dog died and i had a deathly illness and i needed to buy at invoice for my last wish. lol :jester:

·
Registered
21 Posts
JetForeman said:
Whoa, what does your therapist think about that? Just kidding... I am the newest there at about a year. most over ten years and four over 30 years. As I said, this isn't your typical dealership. Now let's realize that this attitude is the type of customer I don't want to deal with anyway. Can't we all just... get along? lol

·
Registered
823 Posts
got_titan said:
thanks jet for giving them hell, next time i will pay to fly you downa nd you can go as my dad :jester: and we will get my vehicle at invoice or we will :boxing: the hell out the salesman. lol lol. i bet after i left they were laughing there as off saying what a :imwithstu moron. does he know he just bought my 20s for my titan,lol oh well i learned and learned and learned that dealers dont change. i should have :crying: and told him my dog died and i had a deathly illness and i needed to buy at invoice for my last wish. lol :jester:
c'mon now, I'm only 37........my son is only 6!!! No Dad thing but definitely would help as a friend.... :) There are many lessons in life that are usually learned the hard way, just put this one behind you and enjoy your awesome truck.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
JetForeman said:
c'mon now, I'm only 37........my son is only 6!!! No Dad thing but definitely would help as a friend.... :) There are many lessons in life that are usually learned the hard way, just put this one behind you and enjoy your awesome truck.
hey jet didnt mean to offend you i was only kidding and my mom is 42 but all help is greatly accepted. i was wanting a kingcab and did all my homework and had invoicing and everything and when i went to look the crew had everything i wanted and i did not have a clue as what invoice was because i didnt research it. again jet did not mean to offend you im sorry :crying: :jester:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Got Titan

You got an okay deal, not a great deal but an okay deal so don't beat yourself up, many dealers will not budge more than a few hundred off of MSRP right now so you did good. As for me, this 26 year ordered his Titan for $400 over invoice.

·
Registered
823 Posts
got_titan said:
hey jet didnt mean to offend you i was only kidding and my mom is 42 but all help is greatly accepted. i was wanting a kingcab and did all my homework and had invoicing and everything and when i went to look the crew had everything i wanted and i did not have a clue as what invoice was because i didnt research it. again jet did not mean to offend you im sorry :crying: :jester:
I was just kidding too, don't worry.......I'm rarely ever serious, except when it comes to taxes and buying cars... :jester:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
JetForeman said:
i cant put it behind me the money haunts me like a bad car salesman :thedevil: next time i will give that salesman a :domohit: and if thats not enough ill turn into a :witch: and make the salesman act :gay: for a whole year :jester: :jester:

·
Registered
823 Posts
got_titan said:
i cant put it behind me the money haunts me like a bad car salesman :thedevil: next time i will give that salesman a :domohit: and if thats not enough ill turn into a :witch: and make the salesman act :gay: for a whole year :jester: :jester:
I can assure you it won't be the last time it happens to you, just try to learn as you go and enjoy life, it's waaaaaay to short!!!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
JetForeman said:
I can assure you it won't be the last time it happens to you, just try to learn as you go and enjoy life, it's waaaaaay to short!!!
thanks jet your pretty kool im up here in gatlinburg if i can help you with anything :cheers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Got Titan

Got Titan,

Don't beat yourself up. I think you were one of the first to buy so dealers were maybe a little tougher then too. Also, it depends on the area.

You mentioned you new invoice, etc. One thing I did after walking out on the first dealer was research what dealers had what trucks. I put them in a spreadsheet listing their invoice price and MSRP for each truck and each option. From there, I ranked them in order on which dealer I'd go to first, and when I went, I took a folder with my pre-approved check, Title, and Insurance Info so the dealer knew I was definitely serious. The dealer even asked what it was that I had, and I told him it had the info and prices for the dealer I'm going to next if we can't deal.

I got a better rate through my dealer, but don't be afraid to bring a fodler in with your info. Do your homework at home on a spreadsheet for trade-in, msrp, invoice, and what you're willing to pay for any possible scenario.

When I found the truck I wanted, the deal went through pretty quickly. Could I have done even better, sure, but I got the exact truck I wanted without letting the dealer know. (until after I had it of course).

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
dd564 said:
Got Titan,

Don't beat yourself up. I think you were one of the first to buy so dealers were maybe a little tougher then too. Also, it depends on the area.

You mentioned you new invoice, etc. One thing I did after walking out on the first dealer was research what dealers had what trucks. I put them in a spreadsheet listing their invoice price and MSRP for each truck and each option. From there, I ranked them in order on which dealer I'd go to first, and when I went, I took a folder with my pre-approved check, Title, and Insurance Info so the dealer knew I was definitely serious. The dealer even asked what it was that I had, and I told him it had the info and prices for the dealer I'm going to next if we can't deal.

I got a better rate through my dealer, but don't be afraid to bring a fodler in with your info. Do your homework at home on a spreadsheet for trade-in, msrp, invoice, and what you're willing to pay for any possible scenario.

When I found the truck I wanted, the deal went through pretty quickly. Could I have done even better, sure, but I got the exact truck I wanted without letting the dealer know. (until after I had it of course).
thnaks dd564 i feel a little better i was the first buyer in tn and i got the first thrashing ill know next time :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Another Dealers 5 cents worth

Well, as a dealer I guess I can throw in a few here. If you bought your truck and you like it...you got a great deal. In my experience, the people who pay the most give the best surveys (Very important), send in referrals, bring their family back, and are the most thouroughly satisfied. This usually occurs when the salesperson does their job completely and does not skip directly to negotiations. The person who pays the least, always thinks someone else got a better deal, always thinks the dealer :banasex0r them.

As a dealer...I take any deal if there is profit and the customer says YES. If they say yes to sticker....great....not to often, but we don't have 4000 rebates either. Typically I have sale tags in all of my cars, all very close to invoice, some below...like Sentras or Frontiers.

Trade-ins.....usually the cause of most frustrations... I try to sick to KBB.com values, and I use Black book too, and I use my own gut. Take the time to clean your car a little...it helps a bit. Don't think that I wont notice the repainted quarter...I don't care how good it looks I can always tell. And heres a little tip...If your car is scratched up, minor hail damage, or has been repainted....it wouldn't hurt to have it appraised in the RAIN, more rain the better...We get sloppy!!! :)
Keep this in mind....in the 2 or 3 minute appraisal/test drive I can tell the following: All paint work or previous accident damage, potential frame damage, worn suspension, noisy brakes, axles, CV joints, AC problems, power window problems....etc.

I will not try to sell anything on this site...it would compromise my opinion and contribution. If you have questions, do not hesitate to ask.

The point above at the end of the month is somewhat valid....I sometimes squeeze out a few that I may think more about earlier in the month. But like I tell my staff and customers:

"We are not a Museum, we need to roll iron"

I do not let people walk out if there is profit on the table...period.

I have thrown out only 2 people for rude behavior...car buying can be stressfull. Swearing on the sales floor i front of kids will get you tossed.

I have only sold ONE vehicle to people who walk in the door and shout " What, doesn't anyone want to sell a car?"

I have sold that girl 4 cars in the last 3 years. The other 100 people....none.
In fact she stopped in today for a chat and oil change...free car wash too.

If you are happy with the truck, happy with the dealership, etc... JUST BUY THE CAR..DO NOT "Think about it" you already have, and you will just lose sleep.

And YES, there is a Manager in the back office.

Good Luck To All!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I commend the "good" sales guys on here, I really do. Customer service is unfortunately something that is VERY rare anymore, but it sounds to me that we have at least two salesmen who understand and apprecitate it here on this site. :)

As you might have guessed, I've sold cars in the past. (Chryslers and Plymounths YUCK)

I have no problem paying for customer service. I refer people to sales people whom I enjoyed doing business with. If you're looking for a Titan, Bob Jagger at Frederick Nissan in Frederick, MD is a great man to talk to! :) I bought my Titan from sleeze-balls. I bought it for the price though, not the friendly discussion, the chit chat, and the funny jokes. I knew I could get my truck below invoice where I did due to a connection I have. Period. Is a pleasant experience with the sales guy worth $1000 of my money to me? Nope... I am having some minor issues with my truck right now (scratch and pinging) and this dealer is promising to take care of me and are being very pleasant about it. That's a good thing... Luckily, the risk I took by going to the lowest price turned out to be okay. It could have just as easily gone horribly, with the dealer telling me the scratch must have happened after I took posession. So, I can appreciate both sides. Pay a little more to have a sales guy who will bend over backwards for you, or low ball a sleeze ball... Unfortunately, when it comes to service, it's completely up to the service department what gets done and how it gets done. The sales guy really doesn't have any pull...

·
Registered
250 Posts
No consumer should have to feel guilty about paying close to invoice for a Titan. Believe me, when it is time to get parts or service out of warranty, the dealer will more than make up what they "lost" on the initial sale. Dealer parts prices and hourly service rates are outrageous.

An excellent book for new car buyers is "Don't Get Taken Every Time", written by Remar Sutton.

21 - 40 of 397 Posts