Nissan Titan Forum banner
381 - 397 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Unfortunately there's no source there for Canadian invoice pricing. Does anyone know of a Canadian invoice price source?
Derodeo,

I used Carcostcanada.com and bought my Titan LE from Sherwood Nissan. If you ask for Richard P. (he is in fleet manager now but will likely take your call).

Tell Richard you used car cost canada and tell him you talked to me (Calvin from Edmonton...trust me he'll remember I probably paid the lowest amount for any Titan sold in Alberta in 05. It took me a couple weeks to get my deal but I saved thousands)

Best of luck
Cheers
Calvin

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone ever find a good website like these for prices in Canada? All I have really found is a "black book" website that is really limited and doesn't have anywhere near the resources of a kbb.com etc....
Like I answered above check out carcostcanada.com I wouldn't dream of buying anything with out checking their first. $50 bucks gets you 5 vehicles and will also get you in contact with dealers that will "play ball".
The two in Edmonton that will negotiate are Ericksen and Sherwood (I got the better deal at Sherwood by $500 but both knocked off thousands)

Best of luck
Calvin

·
Registered
16 Posts
Talk about buying a Titan...I went into the dealer here (Smolich Nissan Bend Oregon) just looking for a used Titan or Frontier because I KNEW I couldn't afford new. Then they pulled the, "if we can get you the same payments would you be interested in buying new?" Well, of course I would, but I didn't think about a down payment along with my trade in (2002 Xterra with 95K, perfect condition). Long story short, I left with jack. BUT, I later returned to view a Titan they had online, but they steered me towards a 08 SE 4X4 (loaded) LONG bed. That's 8 feet of bed! WTF am I supposed to do with that? Kicker was that they advertised 40% off MSRP. The MSRP was 31,468, so my calcs put it at about 19,500. It wasn't actually 19,500, plus they wanted to give me 2,000 less than my trade was worth. Again, walked out with jack. Months past and I returned for the same Titan that I saw online. Bottom line, they gave me $6,500 for my Xterra and an 06 LE 4X4 fully loaded with 18,900 miles for $15,000. I think I had a good deal. Granted, I have a few issues with the truck but they are all covered under the factory warranty, except the wheel balance.

It pays to do your homework and be willing to walk away when you don't get the deal you want. It also pays to have a little wiggle room, after all some may say I could have received a better deal. If you think you did a good job, then you did great. Forget everyone else, it's your money you're spending, do as you wish.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got a brand new titan 2008.5 LE, fully loaded! The sticker on it was $41,100. I got the dealer to make the deal for $35,000 out the door, including tax , which was about $3,150. So by my calculations I got a fully loaded titan LE for roughly 32,000!
I think that was a pretty good deal or am I wrong? Any comments?

Jt

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up a 2009 SE KC 4x4 with utility, convenience and popular equipment packages for 26,500. That is about $9000 less than sticker, I felt I got a pretty good deal as well.

For those in the Houston area I recommend Tom Pea**** Nissan on I45. :hat:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I paid $29,000 for my LE CC on 10/30/07...it was delivered on Halloween, I love this truck. End of the month is the best time to buy & use a credit union or bank for your loan. Get your starting number online and call several dealers before hitting the lots. The Ford dealer was a douch, chevy wasn't much better. I'm in sales and it can go both ways. There are guys/gals looking to make a living & be helpful and there are snakes....I don't mine putting the screws to the snakes. Guess which one I bought my rig from.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I sold cars for along while and i can say that a dealer does mark up a used truck anywhere from $1,000 to $4,000 depending what they paid for them from there sources. Also new tucks depending on size are also marked up $1,000 to $4,000. Say like a plain jane Dakota will have a mark up of $1,000 and a Ram 3500 will have a mark up of $3,000 to $4,000 . This is how dealers are able to negotiate and still stay in business. I once sold a 2 year old Explorer for $4,000 over invoice making my self over $1,000 in commission . So my Advice is to research dealers and vehicles before you step on to a lot. If you dont mind used buy one a couple of years old with low miles and you will save anywhere from $3,000 to $8,000 versus buying New let the first buyer take the hit. If buying used best bet to save money is to buy directly from a wholesale lot they buy from auctions where they get great deals. They will mark them up as well but no where near a new dealer would. You can negotiate and save even more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Negotiating Advice....

I finally found the truck I wanted and had to tell the dealer that I would have to get the wifes ok before signing any thing. So next morning show wife truck she likes. The negotiating process starts. List price $29500 Crew Cab Pro 4x SE with nissan tool box, spray in bed liner, bed extender, tie down cleats , homelink system, power back sliding glass, 6 way power driver seat, passenger and driver captain chairs, back up sensors, powered adjustable pedals, heated mirrors, 6 disk CD Changer..... You got the idea. Any way.....
Me and wife goes to work on them, I show up with my 2002 standard cab Chevy S10 2.2L base model pick up truck with 71k miles on it and more than enough dents scratches and extra paint that had been accidently sprayed on... Immediately it is known I am trading in and I am not putting a dime down. I also tell them that the nissan dealership down the road is willing to give me 1200 for my little S10 (this is true... didnt tell them that the toyota dealership offered me 500 dollars for my little S10... Wasnt important). They drive it and tell me they willing to give me 1500 for my S10. I say well thats all good and fine, but I am not paying over 350 per month on this truck. They tell me best they can do is get my payments down to 370 per month.. not good enough... So I tell the manager me and wife are going to go outside and look at the truck again and talk about what we are going to do. While outside looking at the truck the manager comes outside with us and says what do I have to do to get you in that truck today.. I say im not Financing more than 20 grand. He heads back in side and comes back out 1 minute later and says how about financing 21 grand and payments at 334 per month... I look at wife with a smile on my face and she says lets sign. They ended up giving me 4250 on a S10 that I could probably have gotten 1500 for on a good day. plus they came down to 25500 on the sale price of the truck. Me and wife looked up the value of the truck (NADA) $27000.. I could sell this truck and come out better than before i bought it.

·
Premium Member
72,889 Posts
How can a Pro4X be a SE?

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I never talk to the dealer about what I want my payments to be or even how much I have to spend until after the negotiations, its all about what your actually paying for the truck, dealers can fanagle your payments around with interest rates and what have not to get to your number but you may actually be paying more then you should. I usually go in dressed kind of poor looking I let them work me up an out the door price detailing what I'm paying for the new vehicle and what I'm getting on trade. If its not in line with where I want the price to be I'll let them know and the number it will take to earn my business, if they can't get their I simply walk out, I've had several dealers let me walk only to call me at home a few hours later telling me they can meet my price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How can a Pro4X be a SE?
Thats what they had it listed at at the dealership and when I looked up the carfax using the VIN number it came back as a PRO 4X SE.. I'll gladly post of copy of the car fax and the vin number if you want to check it out. Unless the dealer and the carfax people are wrong its a PRO 4X SE to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Find a PRO4X that an 80 year old man bought, drove for a week and brought back with 211 miles.......instant $10K off. That's how I did it.
He was even nice enough to have a spray in bed liner put in in that week...yay for me.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you are a Costco member use thier 800 number and you can get your Titan or other vehicle at a participating deaelrship, using their fleet department from $100 to $500 over invoice. I got my Titan using them for $100 over invoice.

·
Super Moderator
37,331 Posts
would you like :spam: with your hand bags?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm thrilled how i found mine. I had been looking for a used truck for some time. one night i happened upond a website ( don't recall which) that stated they could find the exact truck i wanted. I decided to give it a shot and plugged in my options. i was disappointed to see at the end that the site was just forwarding my selections to the nearest dealers, bummer. to my surprise i received an email from a local dealer that was straight forward on the pricing: 1k under dealer price, plus i got the rebate and the dealer holdback. i couldn't fathom it iin my head so i made an appointment. sure enough, my 39k sticker truck came in at 10k off. to top it off, the dealer had to send someone 300 mile to pick up the truck from another dealer. no BS

381 - 397 of 397 Posts