Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am the proud owner of an 08 cc le and lets just say the rf system isnt cutting it i have already talked to 12 volt about the box but my question is about the amp i want to run i got a great deal on a sx 600.2 from a buddy of mine and rated at like 275 x 2 @ 2 ohm and like 600 x 1 @ 4 ohms i am thinking of picking u 2 jl w3 subs and would like to run the amp to get the most power from it. it is only 2 ohm stable and not 1 ohm:crying: does anyone know what kind of power it would put out @ 2 ohms bridged and what is the best way to get a 2 ohm load with the 2 10s i have not purchase the subs yet so i know they make 2,4,6 ohm subs in the w3 any help is great full oh yea i already picked up a set of 6.5 jl componets for the rear and plan on going with the bostons in front and just run them off of the hu. thanks eric

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
bottlebaby said:
well i am the proud owner of an 08 cc le and lets just say the rf system isnt cutting it i have already talked to 12 volt about the box but my question is about the amp i want to run i got a great deal on a sx 600.2 from a buddy of mine and rated at like 275 x 2 @ 2 ohm and like 600 x 1 @ 4 ohms i am thinking of picking u 2 jl w3 subs and would like to run the amp to get the most power from it. it is only 2 ohm stable and not 1 ohm:crying: does anyone know what kind of power it would put out @ 2 ohms bridged and what is the best way to get a 2 ohm load with the 2 10s i have not purchase the subs yet so i know they make 2,4,6 ohm subs in the w3 any help is great full oh yea i already picked up a set of 6.5 jl componets for the rear and plan on going with the bostons in front and just run them off of the hu. thanks eric
are these w3v2 i assume if so you need these 10W3v2-D4

if they are 10w3v3s you need 10W3v3-8

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya sorry i want to run the 10w3v2s with the d4s how would they need to be wired to get the 2 ohm loan and any ideas on the kicker amp @ 2 ohms in mono

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Wire the subs in parallel. This will give you a 2 ohm load per sub. You can try bridging the amp and running it at 1ohm. It may get hot and turn off. If that happens, run the amp stereo.

(+) to (+)

(-) to (-)

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I know that most 2 ch amp like the 600.2 dont like to be bridged at anything less than 4 ohms. I cant say if the Kicker amp will go less than 4 but I dont see any info on the web site about it. I'd say your best bet is to run it 2 ch at 300 x2 at 2 ohms or bridge the amp and wire the subs for a 4 ohm load. You might find that amp wont like the 2 ohms very much.

I'd suggest you sell it and buy a Sundown 1000D! Then you could wire the speakers any way you want! OR use it for a comp set and use a 1000D for the subs.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Wire the amp bridged. (+) of the amp to the (+) of one coil. (-) of the amp to the (-) of the opposite coil. Connect the remaining (+) and (-) together. Wire both subs the same to arrive at a 4 ohm mono load.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i know its not 1 ohm stable but kicker said it is 2 ohm stable if that is the case and it is 600 rms @ 4 wouldnt it be more @ 2? if that isnt a good idea 600 @ 4 mono would be enough to push 2 10w3v2s right? if so which subs should i go with? for a 4 ohm set up in parallel i am just so confused now.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
It probably is 2 ohm stable but only in Stereo, not bridged. So the most you will get is 300X2 @ 2 ohms and 600 x1 @4 ohms. If you try to run it bridged at less than 4 ohms it will probably go into thermal and shut down. It might work for a while and give you more than the 600 but it probably wont last too long.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
Boston Acoustics G110's. That amps is more like 500 RMS mono.
The BA's would probably save you some money and I know where you can get a box that will match up with them perfect custom built for the Titan.

PM Tech12volts and he will put together a package deal for you!

·
Registered
392 Posts
that 600 at 4ohms mono is actually split to two sides 4/2=2. It is the same as if you were running the stereo 2ohm.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Titan4mde said:
that 600 at 4ohms mono is actually split to two sides 4/2=2. It is the same as if you were running the stereo 2ohm.

Not the same. You will usually get more power bridged even at a higher ohm.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well then if i go with the boston should i run the 12s instead and also will the amp i have be to much for them as they are rated @ 200 via there site.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
bottlebaby said:
well then if i go with the boston should i run the 12s instead and also will the amp i have be to much for them as they are rated @ 200 via there site.
That amp is perfect for the Bostons. Subs are usually blown from lack of power and distortion so the more power the better. The Bostons also have a killer cooling system and built in fuses which is neato. 12's will fit if you have a CC but I would run 10's in a KC

·
Registered
392 Posts
P- what you said is true to the manipulation of the numbers, but what I said is built into the electronics of the amp itself. you are still running both sides of the amp in mono, just in sync. not having to separate stereo, and run the extra speaker leads is where the minimal increase comes from. At least every amp I've ever dealt with is configured this way, but I haven't worked with them all.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts