Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been my experience that exterior plastic parts tend to fade pretty quick. Any of you have proven methods or products you use to maintain these components in good condition? What products or methods should I stay away from?

The parts I am referring to are the door handles (I have an XE), the plastic around the bed, windshield system, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Man, I sure hope someone has a good answer about this-I have the chrome LE door handles, but always hated it when the black area of the windshield wiper base, the black plastic on the step rails, and top of the bed would fade on my Frontier...on those areas I would use Armor-All wipes for a quick fix, but it just lasted a few days and if it rained the Armor-All would streak down on the paint-there's got to be a better way to go...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CaliforniaTitan said:
Back to Black..

It a good protectant that I use on my Z as well. You can be generous putting it on.but take as much off as possible and buff thouroughly.

Chris
Thanks CATitan.

Anyone else out there with suggestions???

·
Registered
489 Posts
I use Armor All for protection. Works well. You guys wont believe this, but for fading. Kiwi black shoe polish in liquid form. Once its on there its on there. It wont turn wet again when it rains or nothing. I had a jeep wrangler soft top, and did my whole top with the stuff, and perfect till the day i sold it. I have done faded black plastic mirrors, fender flares. Stuff is miracle stuff. I dont suggest it till you see fading occur, but if your titan ever fades as my hemi will one day. I will use Kiwi Black shoe polish too bring it back too life. Thats liquid form with the sponge on the end of the bottle. Dont use the rub compoud. Just a suggestion too you guys. Always worked for me.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I always use 303 Protectant for any plastic whether it be for interior or for exterior plastic. It has some UV protectants in it...sort of like sunscreen for your plastic. I have read nothing but great things about 303.

I have seen some negative things about Armor-all however...like it may possiblly cause deterioration of plastic. I don't know if this is true or not, but why take a chance on our beautiful trucks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
^^^^^^^^ What He said^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Currently I am a Chevy AV owner and I can tell you that 303 protectant works. It is a little bit on the $$ side but well worth protecting our investments.

As for the AV well in May we say goodbye and hello TITAN!! I love my AV but the fading problem that they have with all the plastic is too much of a problem so I decided that TITIAN would be my new BABY!

You can pick up 303 protectant on the web or at your local Boating Retail store.

If you really want to read an indepth disscussion by AV owners on plastic protectants visit www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?board=111

:cheers:

·
Registered
495 Posts
I am late to this subject. I use Forever Black to dye my cars' body trims back to brand new black and use 303 to protect. There's lot of recommendations from other forums on Forever Black and 303. It was also mentioned that Back to Black was a good product but it's under a different company now so people are not sure if it's the same original stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts