Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Local BB tonight looking for just some info. Seems the best way to upgrade the system is to start with a better HU. Is it possible to keep the stock HU and just get better speakers? Would that even be worth it? Thanks for any info.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Yes. You can keep the factory head unit. Add an loc, a 5 channel amp, subs and 4 speakers. Hit up tech12volt. Stay away from BB clowns.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Three reasons to keep the factory HU

1. You have oem NAV
2. You have oem rear DVD player w/ rear controls
3. You are on a limited budget

Otherwise get a new HU. Note that steering wheel audio controls can be made to work with an aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Brianyzf said:
Can you upgrade the HU while retaining everything else (speakers, etc.)?
the only thing you can keep if you change the headunit wouldbe speakers and steering wheel controls. You will lose rear A/V inputs and controls. You can't use the factory NAV either to my very limited knowledge.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Brianyzf said:
Can you upgrade the HU while retaining everything else (speakers, etc.)?
Sure. But why? The only thing in this system that is R/F, IIRC, is a mini amp attached to the firewall up under the dash. The rest are Panasonic and Clarion components. The speakers could easily be upgraded to better units. There are dozens of threads on here about it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's a $$ issue. Can't afford an entire new system right now and since I really don't care for the look of the RF HU I would prefer to start with replacing that. For me the sound is just fine, I'd just like something that looks a little cooler. And I also would like an HU with a USB input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts