Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed one of my wiper blades are peeling in two and its time to get some new ones. What kind are you guys running and which brand do you suggest in this Arizona heat? also, I know that the sizes for stock are 22" on the passanger and 24" on the driver side, but any of you guys running 24 on both? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I have the Bosch icons, they do a good job when their new and work better in winter up here, I've had them for a year and their starting to make noise and streak, so I don't think they last any longer the the chepies.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I have the Bosch Icons as well. Got them on sale at Advance Auto a couple of years ago, or I'm not sure I would've dropped full retail. They work awesome though, and still do even though they're not exactly new anymore.

The one piece design that many of the wiper manufacturers are going to on their top line wipers has a lot of advantages, especially in the winter. Even when you're not dealing with snow and ice in the winter, they distribute the pressure evenly and do a really nice job. I'll never buy another set of steel cage type wipers again.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I had the Icon's & they do work good while their new, but they don't last long.
My RainX blades work just as good & last a lot longer w/o streaking & making a racket.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I bought Rain-X blades this year, I have to say they have ran the smoothest and quietest of all the blades so far...

I also run the Rain-X wiper fluid and it does seem to help with the water...many times if it's just a light rain and I'm doing full highway speeds, it's just as good not running the wipers at all, it sheens off that well...

Remember this...My experience is from rain only, no snow, sleet or ice....:)

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
^^^same here^^^

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I might be investing in the Rain-X blades. Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you run the standard 24/22 or have you guys tried 24" on both sides?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i run the rain-x latitude wipers...love them way better than the regular pressure point wipers ive had in the past. only thing i suggest is get them at least in the summer so they can conform to ur windshield before the winter otherwise the curve on the passenger side wont get cleaned cause the wipers are to cold to conform like they should. i did that on my last t and hated them but decided to give them another shot. got mine back in august and let me tell ya they work awesome in the snow rain sleet even fall when all the leaves collect....there a little more expensive i think there like 18 a piece at wally world

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
i run 24/22 rainx. work great. they do well in the snow and ice up in prescott too. i've had mine for about a year. the only thing i notice is that at high highway speeds they seem like there gonna fly off my truck haha. the ends like to flop up a tiny bit.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i run the rain-x latitude wipers...love them way better than the regular pressure point wipers ive had in the past. only thing i suggest is get them at least in the summer so they can conform to ur windshield before the winter otherwise the curve on the passenger side wont get cleaned cause the wipers are to cold to conform like they should. i did that on my last t and hated them but decided to give them another shot. got mine back in august and let me tell ya they work awesome in the snow rain sleet even fall when all the leaves collect....there a little more expensive i think there like 18 a piece at wally world
I agree with everything you said, got mine this summer and they are shaped and work awesome.

Also, I got my Rain-X Lattitudes on Amazon for like $10/piece + free shipping if it's over $25, so orderd a set for wifes SUV, didn't think it was too bad for a "good" set of wipers.

·
Super Moderator
37,029 Posts
Costco has some "rain-x" type for about $7.50 each and they work as well as my old Rain-X

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Another vote for the "Rain-X" wipers. I've wasted a ton of money try'n to find the perfect wiper. While i haven't found that perrfect wiper yet, the Rain-X wipers are hard to beat. Where i live, bugs are a huge problem because of all the crop fields. They seem to work very good when the rain starts and the windshield is full of bugs.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Man, I'm glad this thread was made, I have yet to change my wipers from the ones that came stock with the truck lol. I'm coming up on 40k miles too. They still do a decent job so I figured I wouldn't screw with them, although new ones would be nice.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I agree with everything you said, got mine this summer and they are shaped and work awesome.

Also, I got my Rain-X Lattitudes on Amazon for like $10/piece + free shipping if it's over $25, so orderd a set for wifes SUV, didn't think it was too bad for a "good" set of wipers.
good call on amazon gotta check that out maybe stock up on them or buy enough for the rents for xmas haha its like deodorant its always needed lol

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Whoever makes the OEM wipers did a good job IMO. I'm still running them at five years now with five midwest winters and they work fine. It really helps the longevity if you clean the underside of the wiper every few months.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Whoever makes the OEM wipers did a good job IMO. I'm still running them at five years now with five midwest winters and they work fine. It really helps the longevity if you clean the underside of the wiper every few months.
I did that and I still had to replace the original wipers at the 3 year mark. You must park your truck in the garage or something. lol! Now, just when I desperately need them for the nonstop winter rains we're now getting in So. Cal, the second set of OEM wipers are shot again. :crying:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I did that and I still had to replace the original wipers at the 3 year mark. You must park your truck in the garage or something. lol! Now, just when I desperately need them for the nonstop winter rains we're now getting in So. Cal, the second set of OEM wipers are shot again. :crying:
Yeah, I do park in a garage.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts