Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!

I have a 2006 Nissan Titan LE 5.6L

I had a old cracked bezel dash sith the speaker cover that was cracked and broken around the stereo. I ordered a new one, looks identical went it easy peasy.

All the wires hooked up correctly just like before but now the stereo needs to go back in and the stereo is bowing whenever I push the bottom and the top in. Then when I put in the bottom of the dash bezel and feed it to the top it looks to become to tall. I've measured both bezel dash interiors and they are spot on same measurements. Can anyone help 馃槀

Registered
For Gen1 Titans, there are multiple different dash bezels, all of which look almost identical. Maybe your bezel and center trim piece are mismatched?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
welcome!!

that is really odd. are the wires holding anything out of place? nothing is misaligned when going back in for the radio?
All the bezel clips line up to their holes. Plenty of space for the wiring. I measured the old bezel dash to the new one mans they both have the same height and width opening the same bezel clip holder location holes.

Registered
Height and width are not your issue, though, are they? Did you measure depth and position of the faceplate?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Height and width are not your issue, though, are they? Did you measure depth and position of the faceplate?
Measured that as well. Measures the same as my old one. I'm lost. I got a buddy I reached out to locally who used to own a titan and he dealt with this before. He said he can help sunday when he gets into town

Registered
2012 SL, Texas Edition, Big Tow, Blizzard white, Tastefully modded (in my own expert opinion, lol)!
Is your "new" bezel a new part or used? The ones you can buy new for about $70 on Amazon and eBay are known for not fitting well. Also, many will be mislabeled for which years they fit. The different bezels used were: 2004-2005, 2006-2007, 2007-2012, 2013-2015. You'll see a lot of them sold as 2004-2006 or 2004-2008, but they won't fit all those years correctly.

You might try pulling the bezel back out of the truck and test fit all of the parts together on a work bench. That way, if things don't fit together, you can look at it from the back and maybe see what's keeping things from fitting together. If they doo all fit together outside of the truck, that would indicate that something is being pinch, twister or warped when you put in in the dash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts