Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to save some money. Has anyone successfully modded their stock radio bezel to fit a double din in dash dvd? What are the cutting/trimming mods you have done? Or should I just buy a double din dash kit? If so, please post how to and pics. thanks.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Search and stop posting the same thread in multiple areas, dude. What you can do depends on what year and trim Titan you have, too...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about multiple posting. I have searched with no success. Ive looked on here and at CT. I even tried out yahoo answers. I would not be posting to ask a question on here if I hadnt looked for the answer first.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the resources...but I already read thru all those posts...nothing there about whether or not you can cut through the stock bezel to mod it to fit the screen. 05 SE KC w/o RF system.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Measure and see for yourself, the opening is 7" wide and 4" tall. It's not rocket science, just looking at the SE piece it doesn't look like you'd be able to do it, the original knobs and such would be partially outside the opening and look like crap.

A brand-new XE DDIN bezel is $78 and would look much better than a hacked piece that you could never use again. At least by going with the XE bezel you could sell your SE parts and be ahead of the game, or you could just keep the SE parts in case you ever want to take the unit out and go back to stock, say if you decided to sell your Titan and keep the unit.

Reactions: gdawg1129

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a 05 and this is what i did. Dont know if you could do the same.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Hey titanup45 can you post some more pic? Like the ac controls and all that stuff and mabe the built. Thanks looks cool.

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just buy a metra dash kit, you can get one from a local sound shop for what 30 bucks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
142 Posts
glad you got it done man. post some pics when you can. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts