Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have around 13000 miles on my tires on my 08 titan pro 4x.. it is under half way on tire wear, i always check my tires and i rotated them around 10000. these just seem like junk tires... does anyone know the miles rating on these tires or does anyone think these tires are junk...thanks

·
Registered
503 Posts
The OEM tires are junk. Some are lucky to get 25 - 30K out of them (if that). Upgrade to some quality rubber and you will not be disappointed. I personnally love my Open Country AT's, but there are a ton of tire opinions on this site if you search.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Try rotating more often. I rotate my tires every 3.5k to 4k. My Procomps have been on for almost 30k and I still have 50% left. The BFG ATs I didn't even last 25k.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Like everyone said the stock tires are junk. I had the goodyears from the non o/r truck and they only lasted 20-25K. I now have 40K+ on my BFG AT's and have at least 10K left on them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought the bf goodrich's were a good tire, but not the ones that came with my truck, they are junk, i know i will never buy them again..

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
i thought the bf goodrich's were a good tire, but not the ones that came with my truck, they are junk, i know i will never buy them again..
IMO, there is a quality difference between (insert name brand here)'s that come as factory tires on new vehicles and ones you buy later on at the tire shop.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
My OEM BFGs have 54,000 miles on them and still have a decent tread. I rotate them every 7,500 miles and check the air pressure at least once a week. I do about 500 miles of highway driving each week which is probably why I've gotten as much mileage out of them as I have. Basically I have no complaints regarding them...other than they are a bit noisy but they are ATs, after all.

When I change them, I'm probably going with Bridgestone Dueler AT Revos.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
OEM tires suck!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
BFG what? My truck has 60k on it, still rolling on the original AT's that came with the OR package.

54warrior said:
IMO, there is a quality difference between (insert name brand here)'s that come as factory tires on new vehicles and ones you buy later on at the tire shop.
Yes quite true, had a Honda VF1000R a few years ago, the original Dunlop tires were like riding on granite traction-wise. Replaced them with a different model Dunlop from a cycle shop, huge improvement.

It's like shocks or batteries or anything else, the vehicle manufacturers just want the cheapest thing they can find to get you through a couple years.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Try rotating more often. I rotate my tires every 3.5k to 4k. My Procomps have been on for almost 30k and I still have 50% left. The BFG ATs I didn't even last 25k.
You had a set of BFG All-Terrain TA's that didn't even go 25K?

I'm totally not patronizing you, but are you sure you're not talking about the OEM BFG Rugged Trail TA's that some of the Titans are shipped with from the factory?

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
my rugged trails won't even last until 20k i will be lucky to get 18k out of them but on the other hand i have done some 4x4'ing with them so they have rubber missing on the sidewalls and peaces of tread missing..

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I got 41K off the factory BFG's and they had several thousand left in them, but I installed the lift and the 315's so they had to go. People take care of tires differnet, different driving styles, some people don' t rotate and keep there air pressure up, and some people just want something else on their truck.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can't speak for the BFG's, but I do know that the OEM Goodyear Wranglers are complete garbage.

On my old 2006 Titan KC SE 4x4, I had less than half tread left, when I traded the truck in @ 12,500 miles. They were rotated at least 3 times, and I had the truck aligned after I installed the PRG mini-lift.

So, is the consensus on here that the BFG Revos or Toyo's are the best bang for the buck? How much is a set of these running for these days?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 PRO-4X, with a level lift kit. I'm running on oem 305/65R18 BF all terrain. At 30K KM (1mile = 1.6km), tires are at 7/32nds can anyone tell me if this is normal? Looking to buy the same tires brand new, will they do more mileage?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts