Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 17" off road wheels. I want to get the BFG all terrain tires, but the only one I can find are 31" and I wanna get 33's. Do they fit this wheel or do I have to get different wheels to get bigger tires? I really to like the look of the stock wheel and would like to keep them.

Thanks for your help. I have searched the forum, but am still very confused.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Chad716 said:
I have the stock 17" off road wheels. I want to get the BFG all terrain tires, but the only one I can find are 31" and I wanna get 33's. Do they fit this wheel or do I have to get different wheels to get bigger tires? I really to like the look of the stock wheel and would like to keep them.

Thanks for your help. I have searched the forum, but am still very confused.
they do make 33's for the 17 inch wheel you can check the bfgoodrich site for sizes and all technical aspects of their tires

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, I just put my leveling kit on last weekend. Now I have alot more room by my front tire, so the 33's will fit right?

·
Registered
493 Posts
closest your going to get is 285/70/17. bfg does not make 33/12.5/17, 285 are 33's.thats what i have on 17x8 wheels.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
yscty said:
He might be running 315/70/17's but not with just a leveling kit.........He's definently got some lift................
Lots of guys are running BFG AT KO in the LT315/70/17 on the O.R. rim with just a PRG level kit, and no trimming to slight trimming. It is 34.5" diameter by around 11.6" width on the O.R. rim. Can't do it on most aftermarket rims though, (w/o the pinch weld mod).

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
swarren1 said:
Lots of guys are running BFG AT KO in the LT315/70/17 on the O.R. rim with just a PRG level kit, and no trimming to slight trimming. It is 34.5" diameter by around 11.6" width on the O.R. rim. Can't do it on most aftermarket rims though, (w/o the pinch weld mod).
But unfortunanly the guy he was quoting definently has more than just a leveling kit, and that's what i was referring too!!!!!

I am very aware of what people are running with leveling kits, it just seemed a little misleading.. Cause if you go with a 315/70/17 with stock wheels, chances are you are gonna rub and WILL need to do the Pinch Weld Mod.....

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
yscty said:
But unfortunanly the guy he was quoting definently has more than just a leveling kit, and that's what i was referring too!!!!!

I am very aware of what people are running with leveling kits, it just seemed a little misleading.. Cause if you go with a 315/70/17 with stock wheels, chances are you are gonna rub and WILL need to do the Pinch Weld Mod.....
Mud flap removal, yes, and in some cases maybe a little heat gun work on the fender liners, but not the pinch weld mod. But I'm curious, since you state "WILL" need to do the Pinch Weld Mod ..." :upsidedow (and so forcefully), who did?

I know some have done the pinch weld mod as a precautionary step, but not because they already had rubbing. Although I think it's possible, just not a good chance of it as a requirement.

YellowMantis posted that he only had to remove the mud flaps, (back when he only had just the PRG level kit).

Of course a poll like this isn't very scientific, but might help potential buyers decide if this tire is right for their PRG leveled Titan. Who knows, maybe certain models are more likely to rub. Here's a link to the Poll I don't think there are enough members running this setup to spot any trends in the poll, but hopefully a few that run them will see the poll before it disappears.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
mytitan said:
closest your going to get is 285/70/17. bfg does not make 33/12.5/17, 285 are 33's.thats what i have on 17x8 wheels.
yeah I wasn't clear on which service description (LT or flotation) would yield 33" tires just that BFG made them - that's why I recommended the BFG website but as an FYI here are the BFG sizes and how many inches tall BFG claims they are on a given rim size - all should fit on a 4x4 Titan with stock OR wheels and with the front leveling kit. Some with or without pinch weld mod
:cheers:
*This info taken from the BFG website for a ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO

TIRE SIZE RIM WIDTH TIRE HEIGHT
LT285/70R17/D 7.5 - 9 32.7
LT285/70R17/D 7.5 - 9 32.8
LT305/65R17/E 8.5 - 11 32.7
LT315/70R17/D 8.5 - 10 34.5

1 - 16 of 16 Posts