Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to order some 35-1250-17 AT/KOs to go with my new lift, but I found some sh!tty reviews on tires.com and on a couple truck forums.
Does anyone here have them and regret buying them? Or are you pleased? Some of the complaints are poor traction, loud, lugs are hard to clean out...
Just looking for a different perspective.
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I know both my father and my friend had to have theirs replaced just after purchasing them because they both got a bad set. (both diesels). I have heard that they are a good tire but you can get a bad set once and a while. I am on my second set of Nitto and really like them. Hope that helps

·
Registered
407 Posts
i really like mine but sometimes think about it and wish i would have gotten a more expensive/aggressive tire. the bfg AT's are quieter than any other offroad tire so i dont really know where that complaint comes from, but if you're going to dish out that much money for some rubber, better go for it. im eyeballing the km2's as my next set.

ps. one thing i DO notice is that these tires do horrible in the rain. the recent so cal rains have proved again that i shouldnt drive my truck when its raining. makes no sense...i thought the deeper grooves would perform better, but i guess not.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I had them on my 4x4 frontier and now on the titan. I think they worked great on the frontier and ok on the titan. In nasty wet ga mud/clay I get ok traction for an AT tire but I would recomend a mud tire for mud. I dont have any other complaints other than its not a very good mud tire. I think the clay/mud gets stuck in the grooves and does not sling out very easy. On the other hand they are quiet vs a mud tire. They are not as quit as a street tire but I could not tell that big of a difference in them. cleaning is kind of a pain but its not that bad.
If you dont go in deep mud you will love them but if you like deep mud get a mud tire. for everything else the tires are great.

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Had them on my S-10 and hated them. Plus they're overpriced compared to other brands IMO.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The ATs are absolutely horible in snow and ice. I've got a set now and I cant bring myself to ever buy them again but on that token I live in Wyoming and comute 30 miles to work and about 4 months of the year is on packed snow and ice. they are great on dry pavement though and pretty quiet. I would suggest the cooper discoverer STT its a comparably priced tire to the AT and gives much better traction in mud snow rain and ice

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of the BFGs because they absolutely suck in mud, and they're pretty expensive. They do ride nice, wear well, and do decent in sand though. For an AT I recommend the Nitto Terra Grapplers: good in sand, good in mud for an AT, wear well, they're quiet, and they're priced pretty decent as well. If you're looking for something more agressive, I recommend the Cooper Discoverer STTs because they're a less agressive MT so you'll get a good 40k miles out of them, they're quiet, they ride as well as ATs, they do good in sand, they're way better than an AT in mud, and they're not that expensive either.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I'll be a dissenting opinion.

I have my BFG AT/KO's are they work great in snow, ice, sand, and mud.

If I'm driving in off-road conditions or in inclement weather, I air them down for increased traction and haven't had a problem.

It's a heavy 8-ply tire so it took 2-3 mpg away. They wear very well.

If you had more on pavement driving where you wanted more traction in rain and on dry pavement, I would recommend the Michellin LTX-MS tires. Still 8-ply but a different tread design to channel more water and still keep contact with the road in drier conditions...

·
Registered
618 Posts
crash2045 said:
The ATs are absolutely horible in snow and ice. I've got a set now and I cant bring myself to ever buy them again but on that token I live in Wyoming and comute 30 miles to work and about 4 months of the year is on packed snow and ice. they are great on dry pavement though and pretty quiet. I would suggest the cooper discoverer STT its a comparably priced tire to the AT and gives much better traction in mud snow rain and ice
funny you say that. I have not had mine on snow or ice over a couple inches. but in the frontier they were great. I pulled a semi truck that was stuck in the snow up a hill with them. I do agree that next round I will be going with a more agressive tire. Just love that the BFG last and wear so well.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I just cant get any grip with them its hard to accelerate they just slip, my step dad put the STTs on his Ford :bang: and they were wonderful in the snow. like night and day. I also occasionally have to bust drifts and that are 3 feet tall and you need speed to get through em the STTs give you more confidence at slightly higher speeds in slick conditions than the ATs. Although I did pull my friends dodge out of a creek bed at hunting camp with the ATs and it was pretty muddy, I just preffer the STTs :thumbsup:

·
Registered
58 Posts
For what its worth. I've been looking at getting the AT/KO on the Titan as well. I always used that tire on my Tacomas, on average would get 50-60 k out of a set. Awesome on the ice and snow here in Maine with the Tacoma. I live on a private road that does not always get plowed and never gets sanded, and the Continentals that came on my Titan (used) have got to go.

·
Registered
265 Posts
BFG's last a long time, but they are very average on wet surfaces. My Nitto Terra Grapplers have been awsome so far.
I've been in mud, two feet of water and drove through northern Nevada in a snow storm. No slipping and great handling!

·
Registered
618 Posts
sandpond said:
For what its worth. I've been looking at getting the AT/KO on the Titan as well. I always used that tire on my Tacomas, on average would get 50-60 k out of a set. Awesome on the ice and snow here in Maine with the Tacoma. I live on a private road that does not always get plowed and never gets sanded, and the Continentals that came on my Titan (used) have got to go.
For some reason I think they work better on smaller trucks or suvs. I liked them better on my frontier than I do my titan. I might be wrong

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a set of 315/70/17 and have NO issues or complaints, BUT I'm just the average driver driving on the streets of San Diego. This is also my first "normal" vehicle so I guess you can say that I have no knowledge on this. I drove it a lot during this past "storm" (last few days) we had and no issues there either, although the tires are still basically brand new.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am happy with mine. They work well for my driving habits, great in the snow and slush. Don't have alot of time on icey roads. Very quiet and ride nice. my.02

·
Registered
227 Posts
ive ran nitto terra grapplers and bfg kos.

nittos gave a much nicer ride, more quiet, better on sand and in rain.

bfgs outlast any other all terrain tire hands down. very quiet for the tread design. and can perform in mud better than other at tires.

nittos will be lighter givign you better gas mileage than the heavy bfgs however, the bfgs are heavy because of the amount of rubber and the amount of rubber accounts for teh durability ( sidewall and tread etc )

using an 18" rim -nittos are priced very reasonable around 800-850 a set
you wont get a set of 33" bfg for anything less than 1100 usually

pros and cons to everything. i love the bfgs they wear awesome. like someone else said on the board about a bad batch- i have too had a bad set. it happens.

personally im lookling at cooper stt's and toyo muds. i hear they both wear well, and they are both good daily driving tires, toyo seems too be priced pretty high though.

goodluck

·
Premium Member
31,154 Posts
I ate up 2 sets of rugged trails in less than 60K....
I rotated and kept the pressure up like recommended...
I have had my REVOS on now for about 15K and they seem to be wearing better than the high $ BFG's did...The REVOS are 100 times better in the rain..

So i guess i am saying that the BFG's suck big time for my driving habits...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've had BFG AT's on two different trucks in the past...92 Suburban in 31x10.50, and 96 Z71 in 33x12.50. I am getting them again in March for my Titan in 285/70/17, I've always been very impressed with them, especially the durability and treadlife

1 - 20 of 68 Posts