Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of BFGs from Costco - very nice, love 'em, but the tire guy tells me that they will calculate the correct pressure they should have because this is a light truck tire and not the passenger tires it had before. Oh, mine's an XE with 4WD and the off-road package.

They set them at 50 psig! -- seems kinda high to me. I ran the rugged trails at 37. At 50 they seem a little squirly at medium speeds.

What are you setting yours at? the BFGs if you have 'em.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
I'm in a similar position. I currently have the Rugged trails and run them between 37 and 40. 50 just seems high for any daily use tire unless you're hauling something in the truck. I might go as high as 40 or 42, but 50 is what I put my bike tires up to!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
This same subject was in a thread about a month ago, however this thread is headed in a much better direction. The earlier thread had people running these awesome tires way down at 32 because they did not like the harsh ride.

:jester: Why would one buy such a strong tire, with such a stiff sidewall, with such high load ratings if they wanted a soft cushy ride???

I don't have the T/A KOs on my Titan, but I have over 300,000 miles of experience with them on my other trucks. I always ran them up in the low to mid 40's for day to day use, and then up into the mid to high 50's when the truck was loaded.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
TitanRider said:
I run 35 psi for day to day and 40 psi for road trips. Do these tires wear evenly at 40 psi; 50 psi? I have them at 35 psi for them to wear evenly.

Same here for a similar tire (cooper discoverer s/t).

·
Registered
340 Posts
ive got mine at 50psi. its the 3rd truck ive had a set of bfgs on and thats what ive run. i dont find the ride harsh at all...

·
Registered
805 Posts
I run mine at no less than 40.

but i may do that nitrogen thing the dealer is pushing soon and see what happens.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I run mine at 45 and the ride is fine. But every time I go to the dealer for an oil change they lower the pressure to around 37-38. Of course I raise it right back to 45. I've got just around 28,000 miles on them so far and they all seem to be wearing nice and evenly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I ran them at 45 on my Jeep Grand Cherokee and I got almost 80,000 miles on two sets of them.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
If you are running stock tire size on stock wheels, you should run what the factory pressures... Unless you are running with a load of stuff or towing a trailer, you are OVER invlated...

I ran my BFG A/T's for 2 months at 50 PSI after a trip with my trailer and wore them right down the middle...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Before I sold them, I was running 32 psi for them to wear flat accross the tread.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Aren't there 2 versions of the TKO? The LT's are load range D or E and run higher pressures, the other would run closer to stock. I am running Goodyear Wrangler AT/S's in an LT and they are load range E with max pressure on the side wall of 80psi. anything under 55 psi and they are squirmy. Many D and E load range tires reccomend 45 psi as a minimum. At 50 psi the LT versions should not be wearing in the center. I run 65psi when towing my TT.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Brianyzf said:
I run mine at 45 and the ride is fine. I've got just around 28,000 miles on them so far and they all seem to be wearing nice and evenly.
That was always my experience with the TA KOs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts