Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixing to purchase and need to know where to get the best deal. Are TT members buying on line or local? Anything to watch out for?

:teeth:

·
Registered
235 Posts
buying online is great, watch out for shipping costs. sometimes the tire will look cheap but with shipping it can add up. Some companies will ship your product to an installer if you want. discounttiredirect.com will price match delivered prices and their warranties are awesome. I buy all my tires from Discount. There are a lot of other places online but I haven't found any that are as good.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The other thing to watch out for is the price for mounting and balancing at a local tire shop. No kidding, most places charge almost $40/tire (mount/balance/disposal), so after shipping which is usually $100 or so, and mounting costs they come out to be similar prices....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far better price locally than on line.

OTD Big 10 tires $1029.67
OTD Local Off-road shop 1097.00

·
Registered
235 Posts
discounttiredirect.com just posted a $100 discount for any set of 4 wheels or tires. if you are purchasing both you save $200.00 I think they sell BFG's too.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
TravisDTD said:
discounttiredirect.com just posted a $100 discount for any set of 4 wheels or tires. if you are purchasing both you save $200.00 I think they sell BFG's too.
Thanks, that makes them $216.00 each or $864.00 to my door. Discount Tire

Tire Rack $977.84 delivered.

·
Registered
795 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is americas tire will price match. I dont know if it applies to online only prices though but worth considering. Plus, if you have a problem with tires bought locally (out of round, or just plain defective) you wont be left to deal with shipping it back and fourth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts