Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my SE, deep water, 4x4 on Dec. 27 and went to Pennsylvania on Jan. 9
through the Mts. of W Va. in the snow and ice. Had a honda 550 in the bed strapped down with the adjustable bed tie downs. No slip and slide at all, used4x4 on switchbacks on wva 219 and 55.
Brought back 1000 lbs of rock from PA. to FL. which made it look to other drivers like I had my brights on. Might want to look into overload springs.
M 6 cd changer ate 6 cd's and changed them from my ownership to whomever Nissan uses to extract thems ownership. Been waiting for them about a month now. They replaced the stereo, so far no more problems. Put a bug deflector on from Nissan, looks good works good. Looking for vent shades and splash guards. Is the locking compartment in the bed quarter panel going to be a problem for installing splash guards? May have to mount it to the frame if there is room. I tow a trailer of about 3000 lbs and don't know its there.
Been 4 wheeling through the sand and the Titan performed as well as in the snow.
Did get to race a Dodge hemi on the way to PA. Beat em!
Just a few rants about my experience with this truck as I've not owned a Nissan before. Had a dodge, toy t 100, gmc sierra, and if this truck lasts and is as problem free as the T 100 I'll be happy.

BGT
4x4, SE, Bed liner & rails,
deep water

·
Registered
190 Posts
Food for thought regarding CDs

Last year I stopped carrying any 'real' CDs in any of my cars. When I buy a new CD I burn copies for the vehicles. If by chance someone breaks in to them and steals the copies, no big thing, I just burn another. At 10 cents a copy it seems like the right thing to do. Then when the stinking player eats your CDs it is no biggie.

Tony B

·
Registered
294 Posts
Or even better, get an iPod! Works great through the Aux port.

·
Registered
780 Posts
iPod! Works great through the Aux

hmm OK, that a good 'une.
thanks Karl...

·
Registered
294 Posts
pluckyew said:
hmm OK, that a good 'une.
thanks Karl...
Ya, we love our iPod even more with the Aux port in the Titan, particularly on long trips. Just get a 2-3ft mini RCA (male to male) cable from Radio Shack and a 12v power adapter in case the rechargeable battery runs out and you're set. It's by far the best portable media player in my opinion.

·
Registered
163 Posts
karlconnell said:
Ya, we love our iPod even more with the Aux port in the Titan, particularly on long trips. Just get a 2-3ft mini RCA (male to male) cable from Radio Shack and a 12v power adapter in case the rechargeable battery runs out and you're set. It's by far the best portable media player in my opinion.
I bought my 10GB iPod from a girl at work who won it off a radio station contest. I went out and bought the iTrip which lets you transmit signals from your iPod to unused frequencies. I did this with the intention of using it on my new car when I purchased the iPod several months back. I didn't even think that what would be my eventual new vehicle would come with an auxilary jack.

I have used the iTrip transmitter on my home stereo though and it sounds great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts