Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a bicycle rack that will work with the Titan bed rail system? I would love to mount above the cargo in the bed to carry bikes when we go pulling the RV.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
i don't know the brand but i have seen some that hook to the racks on trucks. maybe thule? you just need the v channel and normal cross bars with ends that hook to the utilitracks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know the brand but i have seen some that hook to the racks on trucks. maybe thule? you just need the v channel and normal cross bars with ends that hook to the utilitracks
Can you tell me about bars that hook to the utilitracks? This is where I've been wanting to go with this but no one seems to have knowledge of these racks? Thanks.

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,813 Posts
i think i have seen them on frontiers, maybe on clubfrontier?

i don't know too much about those bars because i made my own brackets to mount fork mounts to my utilitrack on my frontier by just buying the fork mount and using some bolts and big fender washers that i trimmed to fit in the track. i use a board mount that sits in the bed on my titan though. a buddy had used one of those bars that expands and making some little brackets to fit into his utilitrack, at each end. i think if you got two of those expanding bars, you could use one for the front wheel and the other for the V that the back wheel would sit in. you just have to make your own adapter to the utilitrack, if you cannot find anything out from the frontier guys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think i have seen them on frontiers, maybe on clubfrontier?

i don't know too much about those bars because i made my own brackets to mount fork mounts to my utilitrack on my frontier by just buying the fork mount and using some bolts and big fender washers that i trimmed to fit in the track. i use a board mount that sits in the bed on my titan though. a buddy had used one of those bars that expands and making some little brackets to fit into his utilitrack, at each end. i think if you got two of those expanding bars, you could use one for the front wheel and the other for the V that the back wheel would sit in. you just have to make your own adapter to the utilitrack, if you cannot find anything out from the frontier guys.
I should have clarified my OP with the fact that I have a very narrow 13" outside toolbox is the reason I'm looking. I'm hoping to get the bikes up so it's not a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts