Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for enough snow tonight and tomorrow morning to make it worth a drive up there for some playtime.

Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
snowboarding or snow off roading?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off-road/backroads/sightseeing. I've been craving a drive up there while it's snowing and there's snow on the ground. Hard to imitate the Sierras, but down here there's not much choice.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
AWWWWWW, Very tempting, but I don't want to risk causing more damage to my truck with a blown tailshaft seal.

Raincheck?

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely. :) I haven't been to Big Bear in over a year, so even if there's no snow I'll enjoy the day. Some folks I know up in Running Springs say there's diddly on the ground right now, but CalTrans says chains or 4wd required on 18 3 miles past the 330 junction.

We'll see how things look in the morning. :)

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Holy downpour, Batman! This 3rd storm is kicking *** and there's already a nice blanket of snow up in the mountains.

This could turn out to be an awesome snow day!

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
dude, the mountains got a dumping of snow!!! screw big bear and summit though, place is always too crowded. i'll go hit Mountain High instead!!!

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Beware: The USFS locks the gates to some of the roads you might want to use due to, get this, winter conditions! They crack me up.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hooligan said:
dude, the mountains got a dumping of snow!!! screw big bear and summit though, place is always too crowded. i'll go hit Mountain High instead!!!
I'm not going to ski/board but to let the Titan play in it and I know the Big Bear area fairly well. I've never been to the mountains NW of that area.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hooray for snow!

The stock tires bring on the suck, though. :( Otherwise it was a good time.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hooligan said:
[email protected], i need to take a few days off and go snowboarding!!! that's a lot of snow!!!
That wasn't even in Big Bear, I didn't get that far before it got too late. heh That pic was taken off of Live Oak Dr. in Running Springs, about half a mile from 330. I can only imagine what it was like closer to Big Bear. :D

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Yahooligan said:
That wasn't even in Big Bear, I didn't get that far before it got too late. heh That pic was taken off of Live Oak Dr. in Running Springs, about half a mile from 330. I can only imagine what it was like closer to Big Bear. :D
wow! that's only in Running Springs, but then again its pretty high up there... i'm guessing 6000 or 7000 ft???

·
Registered
366 Posts
Most of the time they get snow i running spring before they will in big bear

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Hayn Titan said:
How did that happen?
Don't know. Just noticed the leak last week.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hooligan said:
wow! that's only in Running Springs, but then again its pretty high up there... i'm guessing 6000 or 7000 ft???
I hear it's about 6000-6500ft, Big Bear is 6700ft?

Here's the Bear Mountain ski lodge right now. Lotsa snow! More than this time last night for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Yahooligan, hit me up if U want mountain updates. I live in Lake Arrowhead and my bro used to live in Running Springs. Big Bears loaded right now with snow and Arrowhead has about 8-9 inches but now its hard and choppy. We're supposed to get more snow soon. me and my dad took ours out the other day for some small snow play but it plowed straight through a foot and a half rock hard berm. Have fun!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Friend just got back tonight, said it was sick.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts