Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the big tow pk.How do they get the lower final gearing?Lower rear end?Regear the transmission?Thanks,Charlie PS I rarely tow,but the VDC is only available with the Big tow,and $850 is less than Toyota charges with their stability control alone(and you really have a lot of trouble finding it in anything other than a $36000+ loaded DC)

·
Registered
56 Posts
PHOEBISIS said:
I'm interested in the big tow pk.How do they get the lower final gearing?Lower rear end?Regear the transmission?Thanks,Charlie PS I rarely tow,but the VDC is only available with the Big tow,and $850 is less than Toyota charges with their stability control alone(and you really have a lot of trouble finding it in anything other than a $36000+ loaded DC)
It's my understanding that on the BIG Tow, a rear end with lower gears is installed at the factory, 3.76's i believe. However they also say that in combination with the lower gearing in the tranny, it's the same has having 4.11's. That's my understanding anyway.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hector313 said:
It's my understanding that on the BIG Tow, a rear end with lower gears is installed at the factory, 3.76's i believe. However they also say that in combination with the lower gearing in the tranny, it's the same has having 4.11's. That's my understanding anyway.
thought it was 3.73s...

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have a BIG tow.... And I'm getting 37's and was wondering if I needed to regear the rear end. So would y'all think I still would need to regear??

·
Registered
927 Posts
Holy 10 year revival...
It would probably be best to regear with 37's to maybe 3.76 or even 4.10. Others smarter than me will chime in with better gear recommendation, all I know is that it would be better

·
Registered
21,015 Posts
I would gear to 4.10.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Great thanks! Also done plenty of work on trucks before and mods but nothing on rear end, is it a diy'er or a shop and if a shop anybody know an average cost to regear?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Technically, they have to run 3.36 in the front and rear :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
Great thanks! Also done plenty of work on trucks before and mods but nothing on rear end, is it a diy a shop and if a shop anybody know an average cost to regear?
It's best left up to someone that knows how to do them. Also if you are going to spend the money to regear get the 4.11's these trucks should of came from the factory with that ratio.

·
Premium Member
4,157 Posts
4.11 or a few others mention 4.56?
4.11's can be run even with stock size tires but they work best with 35's. 4.56's are really for 37's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts