Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Preface: I spent bout 6 hours today washing and waxing the T; touched up the paint w/ Dr. Colorchip (that sh!t does work on all types of scratches) and cleaned every inch of the exterior. To clean the mirrors, I extended them all the way, and didn't put them back after drying.

So, maybe I'm just going crazy, but...

I drove about and hour back to my apartment with the mirrors out not realizing it. I make this drive 3-5 times a week, same road, same speed, normal traffic. First off, the i noticed the drive was much quieter, but thought it was just in my head (the truck is clean, therefore quieter :ftard:). Most of the time when passing road tractors, the T will get a little squirmy in the middle of the road, from the wash of the trucks I guess. passing one, I noticed it didn't get that lose feeling. I passed another, same thing.

Got back to the apartment, realized the mirrors were out, so what im wondering is, has anyone else experienced this with the big tow mirrors extended? The T seemed more stable passing and under normal driving.

·
Premium Member
58,666 Posts
About the only time I extend my mirrors is to clean them. I'll have to check.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: Drove from Greenville to Wilmington (2 hrs) and back last night, noticed the same thing. I even slowed down to let a few rigs pass me and the truck felt much more stable.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I only extend them when towing so...hard to tell but I cn see them being quieter, but more stable???...I'd doubt it would make a difference. But if you can feel it, leave em' extended.

·
Premium Member
58,666 Posts
An Armada front lip keeps the front end from feeling light at freeway speeds for us 2WD guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey - sorry for the postjack, but how do you extend the mirrors? The truck I just bought has the Big Tow package and I'm sure the mirrors are supposed to extend, but pulling on them doesn't do anything (I could pull harder but I don't want to risk damaging them)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey - sorry for the postjack, but how do you extend the mirrors? The truck I just bought has the Big Tow package and I'm sure the mirrors are supposed to extend, but pulling on them doesn't do anything (I could pull harder but I don't want to risk damaging them)
Just grab the mirror between the two mirror supports and give it a good pull. Mine were stuck the first time I needed to use them. I pull them out once a month to wash or whenever I tow and they come out fine now.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Maybe your nice and clean/smooth paint is helping out, lol. I have noticed it is quieter with them out, but never really payed attention to stability. Who knows, at highway speeds sometimes small aerodynamic changes can make a big differance. I'll have to experiment with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts