Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy this at the dealership? I don't need everything included in the package, but if I could get just the hitch, wiring and mirrors that would be perfect. any ideas?

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
search around here for a set of Big Tow mirrors. Run a search peple are selling them and I am sure you can get the wiring and the hitch from the dealer. The only thing you cant get unless you buy a new rearend is the gears.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool. I don't need the lower gears anyway since I don't tow things that heavy. I'll keep an eye on the for sale section for some big tow mirrors. Thanks for the tips :)

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
the junkyard is a great place to start for the mirrors themselves and if you're lucky the reciever itself.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
How much is the difference in the gear ratios? On my Titan I have a button that is "Tow Mode" what exactly does that do? I have added a hitch and my truck seems to pull my 5,000lb boat with little trouble. The guys at the dealership didnt seem to know much about the towing capabilities of our trucks....

·
Registered
239 Posts
Also try ebay for the mirrors and make sure to get the screws and back plate. I found out the hard way, goodluck.
I bought each mirror individually.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Overide said:
How much is the difference in the gear ratios? On my Titan I have a button that is "Tow Mode" what exactly does that do? I have added a hitch and my truck seems to pull my 5,000lb boat with little trouble. The guys at the dealership didnt seem to know much about the towing capabilities of our trucks....
I forget the exact #'s but the bigger gears are faster. "Tow Mode" changes your shift points in the tranny.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Go to courtesyparts.com they have the mirrors there with everything you need. I think that they even have the tow hitch. Mirrors are pretty pricey...$300+

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just so I dont have to start a new thread, I bought an 07 2wd SE with the Tow package, is this the same as the "Big Tow Package"?

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Yes, Tow Pkg is same as Big Tow Pkg. Only thing that is different between models is that the XE's don't get the Big Mirrors on their version of the Tow Pkg. For the XE, it is known as the "VX35 Tow Pkg" on the window sticker. All Titans have a Tow Mode switch, thought to not be very effective by many, it simply holds you in a gear a little longer before shifting.

If you have a Transmission Temp Gage, you can be certain you have the Tow Pkg. Also, 4x4 with the Off Road Pkg has the same lower gear ratio as Big Tow Pkg.

·
Banned
1,183 Posts
Regular gears are about 2:94, BT gears are about 3:36.
Tow mode changes the shift points in the first 3 gears.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts