Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at the Big Tow Package description on the Nissan website, and do not see a larger transmission oil cooler listed as part of the package. A trans oil temp gauge and larger battery are included, but no upgraded cooler. Isn't it a bit unusual (and risky) not to include a larger oil cooler with a tow package?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
outahere said:
Looked at the Big Tow Package description on the Nissan website, and do not see a larger transmission oil cooler listed as part of the package. A trans oil temp gauge and larger battery are included, but no upgraded cooler. Isn't it a bit unusual (and risky) not to include a larger oil cooler with a tow package?

the big tow package is supposed to include an oversized radiator to promote better cooling. and also it has a small electric fan that would engage when the temp goes up. at least thats what i thought :computern

·
Registered
823 Posts
That's a good question because I'm trying to find that out too. Just exactly what does the big tow package offer when it comes to either an ATF cooler or engine oil cooler. I know I have the ATF temp. gauge but really what good is it when it comes to towing if that's "ALL" the difference in the higher tow ratings. Sure, it will tell me when things get too hot but that can't be the extent of an additional 2k pounds extra towing ability. I read on edmunds that the radiator is bigger but then checked on Nissans site and it didn't mention it. Don't they all have the cooling fan on the lower radiator?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Oh, and another thing about the "Big Tow" package......I blame that for my "Big ToE" constantly to the floor. :jester:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm with Jet on this one.......hell the fact that there was a factory cooler for the trans was a HUGE reason to get the friggin big tow, ok so the battery and platform hitch is nice too. But, all the sales guys pitched me on the cooler and guage. So I go back through the catalog, the website, the accessory books, everything, I find NOTHING about a cooler. Hmm. I am going to drive my truck over to the Nissan lot, park next to a non-Big Tow and have myself a look at the radiator, cooler lines, the whole enchilada and come to some closure. Soon as it stops raining. Sheesh. Heck, towing with a slushbox is rough enough without a cooler, Nissan gave me a guage so I can watch it burn? Anybody got more info?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Skip, my guess is that all models come with the beefier raditor with the integrated tranny cooler even though several sites that reviewed the Titan did say the tow package came with a heavy duty radiator. Don't forget, we also got the extendable tow mirrors (which I could not imagine going without now), lower final drive ratio, VDC, class IV hitch w/7 pin adapter, brake controller prewiring plus the heavy duty battery as you mentioned.

However, let us know what you find on the models without the tow package for tranny cooling.

Karl

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
All Titans come with Trans Coolers both Internal and External. The External unit is located in the upper right hand corner, between the Radiator and Condensor. The Radiator is bigger with Tow as well as different springs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Skip, my guess is that all models come with the beefier raditor with the integrated tranny cooler even though several sites that reviewed the Titan did say the tow package came with a heavy duty radiator. Don't forget, we also got the extendable tow mirrors (which I could not imagine going without now), lower final drive ratio, VDC, class IV hitch w/7 pin adapter, brake controller prewiring plus the heavy duty battery as you mentioned.

However, let us know what you find on the models without the tow package for tranny cooling.

Karl
where do you find the brake controller prewiring i have a nissan titan 2005 le cew cab temp gauge , tow mirrors, class IV hitch w 7 pin adapter

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
where do you find the brake controller prewiring i have a nissan titan 2005 le cew cab temp gauge , tow mirrors, class IV hitch w 7 pin adapter
Mine is on driver side under steering wheel lower dash panel.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Please do a search... I have personally posted info on brake controller wiring.

·
Super Moderator
160,972 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
After several days of looking, I finally found my brake controller wire tucked pretty far behind the panel above the e-brake. '07 LE 4x4 non-big-tow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts