Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to make a custom box for my T but I wanted to know what's the biggest size box I can fit without taking out the bench seat? I have quite a few subs but I was thinking about putting one 15 in there. What do you guys think? I have seen a ton of people running those sundown subs but I want something I bit louder than that. Anyone running something like some Type X's or like an L7 or an SMD sub? :eyebrow: I know those are some heavy hitting subs but i'm not sure if they can be used with the amount of space available to make a box to right specs? Any help?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I am wanting to make a custom box for my T but I wanted to know what's the biggest size box I can fit without taking out the bench seat? I have quite a few subs but I was thinking about putting one 15 in there. What do you guys think? I have seen a ton of people running those sundown subs but I want something I bit louder than that. Anyone running something like some Type X's or like an L7 or an SMD sub? :eyebrow: I know those are some heavy hitting subs but i'm not sure if they can be used with the amount of space available to make a box to right specs? Any help?
You taking out the smaller seat?

a type x or L7 would be put to shame if u used a sundown nightshade. The nightshades are also small box friendly and wont sound like @$$ like the kicker :D

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I got a Kicker L7 for free, i just made a small box behind the driver side with the seat up for now, when i get my true system, im just doing a bench lift with 2x10's.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Im running a L7 in between my two fronts man, but I have column shift and just removed the center front seat...ppl talk **** about the L7 but If you power the sub right it will blow your fackin mind away! you should have no problem getting proper specs if you can do this!? plus its nice to have the storage area under the back seat;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
I am running 2 sundown SA10's and those mother freakers hit hard. I had 4 infinity subs in may last truck and these SA10's put them to shame.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Im running a L7 in between my two fronts man, but I have column shift and just removed the center front seat...ppl talk **** about the L7 but If you power the sub right it will blow your fackin mind away! you should have no problem getting proper specs if you can do this!? plus its nice to have the storage area under the back seat;)
you have any pics of this set up im thinking of going the same way with sub, except i have a 12 w7. is your box ported or sealed?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I would like to see pics also but there are no specs on the SD nightshade subs? What's up with that? I read that some guy was putting 1500watts rms through his with no problem. Not too shabby! I'm either going to look into 2 12's or one 15!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine is sealed, check my profile album if youd like to see it, only has the L5 right now, L7 should be here sometime this month...kickers taking there sweet *** time getting the new sheit out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I was wanting to build a box to go under the rear seat without folding the seats or anything but I don't think I have enough space to make a decent sized box for a nightshade. I found some specs and I need a box that's about 3 cubic feet for 1 15". Is that even possible with the limited space under there?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I built my own box for my Kicker 12" shallow mount and it fits perfectly under my backseat. Im not sure of the exact dimensions, but it is as long as the entire back seat, about as tall as the space under it, and extends to the front edge of the seat. However, whenever you're dealing with subs, the bigger the box is not always the better. My box is ported and I channeled it to give it the right volume that my sub required, so before you actually start to build your box I would check on the recommended volume for the sub if you want it to sound good.

Reactions: CMFF

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure what you mean by volume? Here are all the specs I have found for the sub.

T/S D2 **:

RMS: 1500
Z: 4 ohms Re: 2.92
Fs: 38 Hz
Qms: 8.64
Qes: 0.46
Qts: 0.44
VAS: 36.6 L
BL: 22.8 NA

Enclosure Suggestions :

3.0- 3.5 ft^3 Ported Tuned to 30-40 Hz
DO NOT USE A SEALED BOX

Mounting Specifications :

Mounting Depth = 9.75"
Overall OD with Gasket = 15 3/8"
Cut-Out Diameter = 13 7/8"
Sub Displacement = 0.21 ft^3

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
^^ to get the 3 cubes for that 15, your going to need atleast 3.5 cubes before the sub displacement and port displacement comes into play.

honestly your not going to fit that monster under your seat without a major seat lift

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
you can get upwards of 3.XX cubes, just depends on how high you want that seat to point up

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I coud have gotten 2.5 out of that box if I wanted to.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Well I would just like the seats back there to be comfortable for someone who wants to sit back there. Is there like some type of equation that I can use to figure out how many CF I get for certain dimensions of a box? These were this guys dimensions but I'm not sure how he got the Cubic feet from them.

The box is 11 1/2" in the front and 7 1/2" in the back with a 25 degree angle. Its 48" long and 13" wide, 1cf per side after sub displacement.

EDIT did you just divide all those numbers by 12 and multiply them together to get the cubic footage? And what do you mean you could've gotten 2.5CF? Also how'd you like the box? were the seats still comfortable to sit in even though they were angled?

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Well I would just like the seats back there to be comfortable for someone who wants to sit back there. Is there like some type of equation that I can use to figure out how many CF I get for certain dimensions of a box? These were this guys dimensions but I'm not sure how he got the Cubic feet from them.

The box is 11 1/2" in the front and 7 1/2" in the back with a 25 degree angle. Its 48" long and 13" wide, 1cf per side after sub displacement.
I think you can do 52" long that will add some space. My back seat was ok with that box. I have kids in the back so who knows how adults would feel.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok sweet! Do you remember how you figured out your CF for that box? I googled it and it said just to measure height, width and depth and take those measurements and divide by 12 and then multiply those numbers together but that wouldnt since your box had that 25 degree angle.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts