Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the Rough Country 3" lift for the front of my 2wd and wondering what is the biggest tire I should run on my stock wheels. I'm looking at the All Terrain BFG's. I would like a tall tire that's not so wide.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
you could do 275/70/18s that would fit the wheel with no rubbing, and maybe a 305/65/18 BFG AT but that might rub somewhere

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I have the same lift and mine rubbed in a deep turn on stock wheels with 305 60 18s because of the RC ucas being bigger and sticking out farther. If your gonna stay with stock wheels try 295 70 18s or 285 65 18. Or 275 70 18s. I recommend a wheel with a zero offset to move the tires away from the truck. Then you can clear 305 65 18s or even 325 60 18s with out the mud flaps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:hi: Thank you. How tall and wide are those? I read on here that someone was running a 305/60/18 with the same lift and the tires rubbed the new UCA since it's larger than the stock UCA. I'm guessing a wheel spacer would help with that issue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh wow you posted as I was typing about you, haha. I have a set of Billet Specialties wheels that I'm thinking of running that may have more offset than stock but not a lot more if any so that why I was thinking maybe get some spacers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey guys with this 3'' lift in the front it seems it will even you out, being that the back of truck is higher already correct??? i have a
2wd 2005 se and dont want a extremely high lift ,but dont want my truck to look stock either. is the big country lift the best lift to go with for what im looking for? id like for my truck to still ride smooth whats is your satisfaction rating on the big country thus far? what is cost for the lift is there anything else needed or does it come with everything you need? ? thanks for your advice in advance! gabe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
do you plan on doing the pwm (pinch weld mod) if you have to..or are you just looking for something that you can slap on and call it a day? what year is ur t...you said 2wd....have you ever thought of bilstein 5100's up front and some 08+ 4x4 springs? all of these add ons will also raise the front of your truck for not that much hurt in the wallet...all things to consider...maybe do them one at a time as funds arise then you can fit a lot more choices under there. the reason i say this is i had the rc 3" kit with just bilsteins on the middle setting and i was easily clearing 35/12.5/18's all day long. my t was 4wd so it is a couple inches taller than the 2wd but again throw the set of srings and u'll be right there same height range...do a search many have made the switch

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
hey guys with this 3'' lift in the front it seems it will even you out, being that the back of truck is higher already correct??? i have a
2wd 2005 se and dont want a extremely high lift ,but dont want my truck to look stock either. is the big country lift the best lift to go with for what im looking for? id like for my truck to still ride smooth whats is your satisfaction rating on the big country thus far? what is cost for the lift is there anything else needed or does it come with everything you need? ? thanks for your advice in advance! gabe
270 direct from rough country has everything you will need in the kit...couple hrs some knuckle blood and a few beers later your truck will be sitting boss and u'll be happier than a pig n shiat:)

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
From what I've read the Rough Country Kit is only a 2.5" spacer, (1.5" measured), so with an '04-'07 2wd you don't need their UCA.

So it would be cheaper to just get a PRG 2.5" leveling kit for the same lift and use the stock UCA's. If you already ordered the RC Kit, you could always sell the arms to someone that needs them.

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
From what I've read the Rough Country Kit is only a 2.5" spacer, (1.5" measured), so with an '04-'07 2wd you don't need their UCA.

So it would be cheaper to just get a PRG 2.5" leveling kit for the same lift and use the stock UCA's. If you already ordered the RC Kit, you could always sell the arms to someone that needs them.

On a leveling kit I think its pointless to pay the premium for the PRG leveling kit. I have a cheap 60 dollar spacer thats not even billet, and during my accident I hit a driveway sewer pipe, popped the tire and bent the rim in an inch in clean across both sides. Bent the LCA also, and the cheap spacer was perfectly fine.

Heres the pic to prove :

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
ouch:bangit:

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
On a leveling kit I think its pointless to pay the premium for the PRG leveling kit. I have a cheap 60 dollar spacer thats not even billet, and during my accident I hit a driveway sewer pipe, popped the tire and bent the rim in an inch in clean across both sides. Bent the LCA also, and the cheap spacer was perfectly fine.

Heres the pic to prove :
Think you're missing the point of my post ... stock UCA's will work fine with a 2.5" leveling kit, on an '04-'07 2wd Titan, and the Rough Country leveling kit only has a 2.5" spacer, as measured by some TT members.

Sorry to hear, (see), that you rolled you truck. :huh:

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
Think you're missing the point of my post ... stock UCA's will work fine with a 2.5" leveling kit, on an '04-'07 2wd Titan, and the Rough Country leveling kit only has a 2.5" spacer, as measured by some TT members.

Sorry to here, (see), that you rolled you truck. :huh:
Lmao

Ya i got the point, but I was just letting him know theres other options than the PRG

·
Registered
13 Posts
rc leveling kit vs. the bilstein 5100 springs with 08+4x4 springs in rear ....which route is best all around? which cost more im am most concerned with the handling and smooth ride of truck once installed the year is 2005 se

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
rc leveling kit vs. the bilstein 5100 springs with 08+4x4 springs in rear ....which route is best all around? which cost more im am most concerned with the handling and smooth ride of truck once installed the year is 2005 se
The 08+ 4x4 springs are for the front, not the rear

·
Registered
13 Posts
oic sorry im new to all this ive had my titan since 2005 have few mods to the interior and exterior my firt time with suspension....with taht being said the 08 +4x4 springs / bilstein 5100 springs and rc leveling kit are 3 difeerent options correct?

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
oic sorry im new to all this ive had my titan since 2005 have few mods to the interior and exterior my firt time with suspension....with taht being said the 08 +4x4 springs / bilstein 5100 springs and rc leveling kit are 3 difeerent options correct?
Im not sure but maybe you can combine 5100 with the 08 4x4 springs.

Ill just let norcal answer it all, hes the forum guru with tire sizes and suspension

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I have the rough country lift on my Titan. I left the rear stock to give it the pre runner or bull dog look. I rides better to me and gets noticed more. My over all lift in the front was 2 and 5/8th inches of lift. The only draw back is your rear is lower so less pay load capacity. But with the lift you can run bigger tires. Beware that the rough country ucas are bigger than stock or prg so running anything over a 295 70 18 tire might rub. The good thing about the rough country upper control arms is they do not make contact with the coil buckets and you should not have to grind the coil bucket lips. My tires rubbed the ucas with 305 60 18s on stock wheels so i got wheels with a zero off set. But the kit is not expensive. 289 out the door from rough country. It's easy to install. Took me maybe 3 hours. Just have to have an alignment done but that's the same with every lift.I would order from rough country so they can give you the warranty. They same day ship and took only two days to get it ups.

P.S. I know you can just get a spacer and do it he cheap way but the rough country kit Is beefier than stock and in my opinion more durable. I know that prg is the gold standard for Titan talk but I don't see justifying the higher price (which Greg says is priced approperatly.) I do know that you can run a full two inch spacer with the RC kit on any 04-07 Titan and that would give you a true 3 inch lift. I know it works I have seen it and installed it with no shaving the coil buckets lips on a 2005 4x4 LE.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Too tall of a spacer will cause UCA to coil bucket contact, but too much lift from coil preload, either from spring perch position like say the top setting on the 5100, or too long of a coil will cause loss of droop travel. Loss of droop travel cause the truck to follow the wheel into smaller potholes etc. than if you have more droop available.

Greg at PRGproducts, recommends using a small spacer to maximize droop travel, along with a small amount of preload.

For a '04-'07 2wd, I'd use a 1.5" PRG leveling kit, plus the 5100's on the middle, 1.5" setting, for around 3", or also buy the '08+ 4x4 coils from Nissan, and use the bottom 5100 spring perch, (not Pro-4x coils as they are too stiff for some, even on the bottom spring perch of the 5100's). This should get you at least 3" too, and some claim way more. Neither of these setup requires an aftermarket UCA, and would maximize wheel travel.

Or step up to the stock replacement Icon, or PRG spec SAW, or Radflo's that also can use the stock UCA. Greg also offers extended travel versions to go with his UCA's.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Ok since I already ordered the RC kit no should just not use the tube control arms. Where's the best place to get the bilstein shocks? How much do the 08+ 4x4 springs cost?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts