Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm confused :confused: ...any help would be appreciated.

I need new tires, and want to keep the stock 18" rims. I would like the tallest AND widest tire I can fit on the stock rim safely. I also want to keep close to the same diameter and sidewall height. I do not want to install a lift kit. I do not have mud flaps installed.

According to some of the other "tire size" posts, a 305/60R18 or 325/60R18 will fit on the stock 8" rim.

But if you go to the various manf. web sites, they say you need a 8.5" to 9" rim, hence my confusion. 1010 tire calculator even says 8.5" to 10" rim for the 325/60R18.

I know Bodean is running a 305/60R18 but don't know if he has a lift kit or not, but a 325/60R18 sounds way too big for the 8"...or am I incorrect?

Can someone clear up the confusion for me. I want the largest tire that SAFELY fits on the stock 18" / 8" rim, while maintaining close to the same diameter and sidewall height (and no lift kit).

TIA

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have heard of people running both of those sizes on stock rims with no problems. I just put 325-60-18's on an 8.5 inch rim. I do have the 2.5" leveling kit and I had to lose the mud flaps and cut the pinch weld.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks titanmike. Looking for the biggest I can get stock. I will do a search for "pinch weld" to see what that entails.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i think the biggest they are going and staying stock hight, no lift, would be 285/65-18, or 305/60-18, the 285 is a the BFG TA off off road looking tire. and the 305 toyo proxes a street tire. it depends on the look your going for

·
Registered
664 Posts
You can throw 325/60/18's on your stock rim with stock height. If you have a lift, you can go with the taller version of 325/65/18's like I did with my Titan. I didnt need the pinch weld mod or anything of that matter.

·
Registered
504 Posts
TitanZX said:
You can throw 325/60/18's on your stock rim with stock height. If you have a lift, you can go with the taller version of 325/65/18's like I did with my Titan. I didnt need the pinch weld mod or anything of that matter.
When you ran the 325/65's, you had no lift what-so-ever at that time, and they fit no problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts