Nissan Titan Forum banner

Biggest tires on Titan without lift??

38K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  JauntyBishop 
#1 ·
Im about to get a 05 Titan CC and im looking at buying some new tires and rims when i get it. Im not sure if i should get 18's or 20's, but i am wondering what the largest and or coolest looking tires are available without lifting the truck.

#2 ·
You can snugly fit some 33's. For the largest possible: 33x12.5-(18 or 20), 325/60-18, or 305/55-20. Nitto Terra Grappler (A/T), Toyo Open Country A/T, Cooper Discoverer ST (A/T), Toyo Open Country M/T, and Cooper Discoverer STT (M/T) are among some favorites. Alot of guys also really like the BFG KO M/T and Kumho M/T tires. Just make sure your new wheels have the proper offset backspacing to fit them without rubbing. I'm under the impression that close to OEM offset/backspacing would be good in a 18x9, 18x10, 20x9, or 20x10 but wheel sets are still a little over my head, I'm still learning the details from posts on here. :D

#4 ·
20x10 or 20x9 are what I'd look at. Wheel shops should know exactly, I think we might share the same bolt pattern as GM/Chevy trucks. Keep weight in mind!!!! You want a rim that's sturdy enough for your needs, especially if offroading or towing, but every 10-lbs you save on your wheels/tires spares some lost MPG's.

#5 ·
Im most likely not going to be towing anything heavy, maybe only in the bed. I think ill look into the 20x9 rims. Im kind of leaning towards the Xd Rockstar rims, they look sweet and no one near me has them. Are there any semi-inexpensive 33's that could match the 20x9 Rockstars???

#8 ·
If your going for the look, you may want to check out the nitto dune grappler 305/55/20.

#14 · (Edited)
#13 ·
the overall diameter of a 285/75/18 is 34.8 in. A 305/55/20 is close to 33 in. Difference in width is only about half an inch.

#21 ·
Great choice!!! Good luck brother:)

#22 ·
Don't forget the spare tire and its limitations on what will fit underneath.
On my BT Pro4xCCLWB I looked under there yesterday and didn't see much more space available for a larger spare. I wouldn't want to run a smaller spare in a pinch on the freeway at speed.

I am sticking with the stock 275/70-R18 for this reason.

#25 ·
Sorry to resurrect such an old thread (turned up in search) but wanted to see if the same holds true with the '13 model Titans. Is 305/55/20 as big as I can go w/o a lift? Would be installed on stock 20" chrome rims and no lift, yet....

#27 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. Would you recommend going with a 50 vs 55, or was the needed trim not bad/visible?

#29 ·
I ran 35s on a Chevy luv without lift. I only needed a sawsall and a sledge hammer. Anythings doable and doesn't always have to be done right

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#30 ·
I run 20x10 rockstars with -24 offset and Cooper Zeon LTZ 305/50/20 tires, stock height 2008.5 2wd SE CC. Def had to do Pinch Weld mod, other than that no rubbing. Of course I don't go offroad, so i would recommend at least a leveling kit if going that big and off roading.

Offset does play a vital role as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.