Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what's the biggest tire the Titan can handle without a lift job?

i noticed that the 17x8.5 rims are around $400 each

smoke titan se kc 4wd w/off road & tow.

1/22/04...
Derwud: thanks for the info... 33s...
so, how do i convert my 285/70/17" in all english?
285mm/25.4 = 11.22" wide, but how tall is /70mm/17?

note:
i saw 17x8.5" rims being sold at $411 each
i didn't any thing larger than 285/70/17s - these are around $180 each.

·
Registered
823 Posts
After reading your VERY low gas mileage figures you might want to think about cutting out the fender wells and installing tires from a tractor trailor. This would effectively slow your engine down at cruise and may prevent you from leaving 50 feet of rubber at every stop light. :D

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
33 inch.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Jet, it's a freaking truck! Keep your foot of the gas and it will surprise you.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the 18" inch wheels on mine. I think that I will be replacing these tires sooner than I normally do. I do like leaving rubber at the intersections after a light change. I haven't had this much fun since the early 70's when I had a 1969 mustang fastback.:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Smoking tires.. I realized today that I had no idea that my tiires were smoking because of the exhaust... I was enjoying the sound and never saw the smoke...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The SE and LE come with 33' tires with both the 17 and 18 inch wheels. Now as far as what is the largest size tire you can run. I have heard due to the wheel arch, (they are designed to house a 33" tire after all) that you need to lift the front of the truck at least 7-8 inches to mount 35's on it and not get rubbing. Now please don't flame me, I'm only passing on what I know and heard. My Avatar is the CST 8 inch Prototype on 35's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts