Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, weight wise what would be the biggest TT I could pull with an 06 XE 4x4 Non BT. I know the listed max trailer weight in the towing guide is 6500lbs and I should probably use that to judge loaded and not dry weight, correct? I'm looking for an estimate or better yet, someone with the same truck who is towing a TT. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
BK19702 said:
Like the title says, weight wise what would be the biggest TT I could pull with an 06 XE 4x4 Non BT. I know the listed max trailer weight in the towing guide is 6500lbs and I should probably use that to judge loaded and not dry weight, correct? I'm looking for an estimate or better yet, someone with the same truck who is towing a TT. Thanks.
i pulled 6,000 with np but i have the towing package sry :haveredfl :gunz:

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
You have a tow rating of 7400 lbs if Im not mistaken, but that is the gross weight. I think a 6000 lb dry weight trailer would do well with your truck. That leaves some to load it up with. You truck could tow more but the tranny is where you will have problems on hills. The BT has different gearing to handle this. It will tend to heat up alot faster than the BT. If you do go over make sure you have a tranny temp guage added.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the identical truck (06 XE CC no BT) with the 6500 lb tow capacity. The non-BT LE and SE have a higher towing capacity with the same suspension, gear ratio, etc... and it is my understanding from browsing through the forum that the reason the XE has a lower tow capacity is because of the tires. HOWEVER, since I have installed a class IV weight distributing hitch, thus taking the weight off the rear axle and distributing, wouldn't the max towing capacity of the XE move up to the 7400 lb range?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
heybate said:
I have the identical truck (06 XE CC no BT) with the 6500 lb tow capacity. The non-BT LE and SE have a higher towing capacity with the same suspension, gear ratio, etc... and it is my understanding from browsing through the forum that the reason the XE has a lower tow capacity is because of the tires. HOWEVER, since I have installed a class IV weight distributing hitch, thus taking the weight off the rear axle and distributing, wouldn't the max towing capacity of the XE move up to the 7400 lb range?
Not if it's really because of the tires.

Andrew

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, old thread I know..but I am putting my laundry list of required items together for equipping my truck for towing a TT. I'm looking at an ultra light, similar to a Kodiak 27CD-SL (specs are here: http://kodiak-rv.com/trailers.php?tab=specs).

This is what I have so far, let me know what else I should consider. I have the class IV receiver and goodies from Nissan already (just haven't installed it):

- LT rated Tires
- Weight distributing hitch system (Equilizer or similar - no chains)
- Prodigy Trailer Brake controller
- RAS (good idea?)

Also, any advantage to adding a PML diff cover or similar, or should I just stick with what I have. I haven't had any issues with the OEM cover, so I don't necessarily want to rock the boat. Thanks for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts