Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer told me that Nissan was making a bike rack for the Utilitrac system (not for the overhead rack-one for inside the bed). I've called 800-Nissan1 twice to ask about it, but they don't seem to know anything. Has anyone heard if they are making one, and if so, when it will be out?
Thanks!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I am in the process of designing an adaptor for the Grabar bike rack to lock into the bottom of the Utilitrac. It may take a while, but could be adapted for other racks that are of the trailer hitch style.

I will post pictures when I have something.

·
Registered
105 Posts
what would be nice would be to have the ability for the part that you mount the front fork to, to slide out over the tailgate when the tailgate is open...this way...you dont have to bend over...so what you do is 1. open gate. 2. slide out rack or bar that goes across to both bed utilitrac channels (has multiple fork mounts placed along bar at different hieghts so that handlebars wont interfere with one another if your mounting more than one bike 3. mount front fork (not having to bend into the bed) 4. when mounted, slide the bar with bike attached back into the bed (back tire rolling backward as you push and keeping in mind your pedal dont hit the fender wells). 5 close tailgate 6. go riding.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea! I've always mounted mine facing forward, but that would be nice to do it the way you described. I just wish they would hurry up and make one for the bed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I made my own with a couple low cost fork mounts. I used the hardware (Bolt washer and utilitrack "nut") from the Utilitrack "locks"..those 4 little square things that come with the tie downs. NOTE: you have to use a hacksaw to take the end of the bolt off because the threds are mashed from Nissan.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good idea about having the bike face the rear of the bed...I initially mounted the fork mounts towards the cab and it was a pain to remove the bike with two loaded. Nice thing is I can easily slide them to the rear and then access the release without climbing into the bed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts