Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I order my Titan, soon I expect, I would like to get a bike rack FOR THE BED, NOT the kind that puts the bikes (the kind with pedals!) :teethmast , on the roof. Does anyone know what type of rack to get or where to find it.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
There are several different models to pick from. Some name brand, and some store brands. PerformanceBike.com has a store brand that is supposed to work well. It fits up on the bed rail and is tightened by a small hydraulic shaft I believe. Go to QBike.com and search for one.
Nissan is supposedly working on a bike rack for the utilitrack system. I sure wish they would hurry....
I've been thinking about just using a ratchet strap with the tiedowns until they make the rack. I haven't tried it out yet. I've just been riding around home lately.
What type of riding do you do?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bike Rack

If you have the utility bed rails you can make your own for just a little $$$. I bought two 29 dollar fork mounts. Normally you have to bolt to the bed or some use a 2x4 that lays accross the bed with the fork mounts on the 2x4. Most any bike shop of on-line retailer has them.

I drilled a hole in the fork mounts and installed the mounting hardware from two of the utili-track "locks" that came with the truck along with a peice of rubber so it will not rattle loose. These are then removable and adjustable so you can offset the handlebars on your Mtn bikes for a better fit.

Here is a link http://www.jensonusa.com/store/bigImage.aspx?img=/15/15200.JPG

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks! I haven't even looked at the cleats to see if you could take them apart. I'll go out and look at them
Do you have any pics of the mount?

·
Registered
57 Posts
gtshouse said:
Thanks! I haven't even looked at the cleats to see if you could take them apart. I'll go out and look at them
Do you have any pics of the mount?
I'll try and get a picture soon. NOTE: it is not the actual cleats that I took the hardware from, but the 4 little square peices that are used to "lock" your accessories in... so people can't just loosen and slide them out. They have a standard bolt instead of the cleats plastic wheel adjustment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are great--thanks for the leads!

gtshouse, I ride with the family on a very long trail that starts at the university and runs for nearly 40 miles. We also ride at the park.

Thanks again! :cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Great solution Ti-Tan, I look forward to some pics. My wife and I haul our cycles around quite a bit, and I'd love to make use of the utilitrak stuff for this purpose.... when I get a Titan that is :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts