1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
662 Posts
Both aluminum and stainless are great. The stainless one will probably be stronger and less likely to get bent up...from what I don't know though.

However, I think the stainless one that you listed is a bit "ghetto." Too much of the pimp look. If it were my money, I would definitely get the aluminum one. Much better looking imho.

·
Premium Member
17,185 Posts
smoketitan said:
Hey everyone, I am about to order this grille for my truck--but I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is better to have a stainless steel grille or aluminum?

which grille looks better

this one (stainless steel)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473574154&category=33645&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

or this one( aluminum)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2473253795&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

late
There is also one by Trentz (sp?) that I am trying to find a picture of.

·
Premium Member
17,185 Posts
smoketitan said:
Hey everyone, I am about to order this grille for my truck--but I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it is better to have a stainless steel grille or aluminum?

which grille looks better

this one (stainless steel)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2473574154&category=33645&sspagename=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

or this one( aluminum)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33645&item=2473253795&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

late
Also there are apparently some that require cutting out the existing plastic and others that don't.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm the only concern I have with aluminum is strentgh and the fact that it ties on with those white tie strips, over the existing grille I believe. what about the air flow also,and engine cooling with the aluminum grille??

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I just ordered the aluminum one you posted from ebay 2 days ago. Waiting for it now :)

I am contemplating painting it charcoal though before I install...gotta see how it looks in person first...

Chris

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the stainless steel one more. Although it may take away from the looks a little, I am still going to get it unless I see something better soon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
to grille or not to grille

Well Aluminum is very nice, the product finish is not as good as it should be, no cutting involve when installing, just un-glue the Nissan sign, and glue it back up, make sure you tie a zip-tie to the sign, as back plan.

heat: don't worry the temp gage stays the same.

Installation:the bottom grille needs drilling of the grille/bracket, I don't think it needs it, you have to drill a little bracket and then glue it to the truck... how strong is the glue?... remains to be seen... well my point is the zip-tie will do a better job than a double sided tape/glue.

What else, hmm yes, you need to loosen the front/upper grille to gain access to install the little inserts, now this is the hard part, be very carefull because it held in place with snaps, and putting them back to original IS a challenge.

Other than that, well good luck, the grille is really nice, and protects the exposed radiator, which is why I bough it, my priority was insurance from radiator damage, and not really looks, so it worked out.
Well this helps, and post pictures.....

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Just finished installing it (It was on my doorstep today).

The clips once you figure them out aren't too bad. I did struggle for a while figuring them out. Basically, turn all 7 of them then grab the grille and pull firmly out.

Then Zip Tie your pieces to the grille (I didn't bother with the 'mounts' for the lower either).

Pull clips from thier holding places and insert them into the grille portion by twisting them into place. Push grille straight back in. That's it!

Pics:

Chris

·
Super Moderator
34,583 Posts
CaliforniaTitan said:
Just finished installing it (It was on my doorstep today).

The clips once you figure them out aren't too bad. I did struggle for a while figuring them out. Basically, turn all 7 of them then grab the grille and pull firmly out.

Then Zip Tie your pieces to the grille (I didn't bother with the 'mounts' for the lower either).

Pull clips from thier holding places and insert them into the grille portion by twisting them into place. Push grille straight back in. That's it!

Pics:

Chris
Really cool Chris! Going to leave it or paint? Kind of like it as is, don't you?

37L1

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
We are going to leave it as is...Goona try and re-attach the emblem tommorow probably.

The 'inside' of the grille is already painted black in between the 'runners'. It looks good and momma is happy!

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
CaliforniaTitan sorry got lost in all that..love the way your grille looks so if you could once again post where it was and how much i would greatly appreciate it..thanks a lot...would love to get it for mine..

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
thanks for the quick response..i am more than willin to tear into my new truck but am completely computer stupid...gonna have to get one..by the way your truck looks sweet...thanks again..

·
Registered
22 Posts
how do u remove the emblem?

i ordered a grill from ebay today and was wondering how to remove the emblem?
thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very interesting thread - this is exactly what I came here looking for.
:cheers:

I think I'm going to go for the aluminum grille - California Titan's pics of it are great, the truck looks excellent! Like the last poster, I am also curious how to safely remove the Nissan logo... any tips?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts